Our MultiCam CNC plasma cutter got it’s most thorough workout since we took delivery of the magical machine last fall. We were cutting the base plates for the targets for the Viking ship project. Eight 5/8″ thick sheets of plate steel were precisely cut to the shapes we required for the base. Four more sheets of 3/8″ thick steel were cut for the dragon head and tail of the keel. We then moved them with the forklift into position and began the process of welding them and many other pieces together.
The accuracy of the files we created in EnRoute made the fitting and assembly of the base quick and easy. That means we can get through the structure part quicker and then move on to the theme work which it holds up. This is going to be a fun project!