SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enroute 3.3 work with 4?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98stratos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enroute 3.3 work with 4?
    Posted: 25 November 2009 at 8:59am
I currently have 2 copies of Enroute 3.3, one is PRO and one is Plus. I am wanting to add a third key which would be 4 plus. I am wanting to know if I could open a 3.3 in 4 and 4 in 3.3 without having to upgrade both of the copies I already have. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
tgm View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2009 at 10:06am

You should be able to open v3.3 Plus files with v4 PLus and that's about it. The Pro versions have the 3D capabilities and in that case you can only go from Pro to Pro if I am not mistaken. Pro versions should open Plus files but not the other way around.

Opening v4.0 files, either Plus or Pro, in v3.3 I think is an issue because of all the different capabilities on v4.0 that are not present in v3.3.

Why not just upgrade to the current v4.1 Pro and eliminate the other copies and all the confusion that comes with working on multiple versions, ie Tool Data Base compatability etc.

Good Luck,

Tom in PA

98stratos View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98stratos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2009 at 10:12am
Well currently we are running both copies that we have now and we are wanting to add another copy in our engineering dept. What we have now works fine but we are wanting another key. The reason that we aren't wanting to upgrade the other two copies is the $2800 price tag plus the new key we would be spending like $6000. With the economy like it is this just isn't in our budget right now. I haven't really found anything on the 4 that I would use that isn't on the 3.3 unless I'm missing something.
thopkins View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thopkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2009 at 11:08am
EnRoute 3 files can be opened and worked in ER 4. EnRoute 4 can export EnRoute 3 files, that can then be opened in ER3.
EnRoute 3 can not open ER4 files.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic