SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

W7/Job Previewer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: W7/Job Previewer
    Posted: 20 May 2010 at 12:46pm
I realize this is a Multicam question but since Multicam does not have a forum anymore and there are many Enroute users using Multicams I figured I'd ask here.

I just upgraded to a new computer, W7 Pro 64 bit and I can't get Job Previewer to run, Job server does which is most important but I do use Previewer at times to check things before I send to the machine. Anyone else encounter this issue and have a fix?

Thanks in advance
Andy K
ejnodurft View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
SAi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejnodurft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 9:05pm
Hey Andy,

You might try right clicking the Job Previewer.exe file and clicking "Run as administrator".  Also, you might be able to upgrade to their Suite 4, which is newer and more compatilble with newer OS's.  And if you have EnRoute 4.1, the BackPlot program in the EnRoute4_1\Backplot folder does the same thing as Job Previewer. 

Regards,

EJ
andkal View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 2:08pm
I do have v 4.1, never knew that was there-Thanks

What other secrets do you have?
Andy K
briderx View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briderx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 12:18pm
Backplot is a very useful tool! The information about it was put into either the Release Notes or Help File - I don't remember which. Sometimes ReadingTheFreakingManual works :) Not typically.. But sometimes..
ejnodurft View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
SAi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejnodurft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 4:56pm
Lot's of secrets!  LOL.  Actually, there is a Readme4.1.pdf document in the EnRoute4_1 folder that explains a lot of the changes in the new version. Backplot is mentioned in there.  But what isn't mentioned is that you can set BackPlot up as a "Solution" so that you can easily call it up from the EnRoute program. 

First, with EnRoute closed, go to the EnRoute4_1 folder and create a folder called Solutions.  Then move the Backplot folder in to the EnRoute4_1\Solutions folder.  Then go to the Setup Menu - Preferences - Initialization tab and point the Solutions path to the C:\EnRoute4_1\Solutions folder.  Then close and open EnRoute and there will be a new Menu called Solutions and Backplot will be the program listed in the Solutions Menu.  Click it and it will start up Backplot.

Now it's not a secret anymore!  Let me know if it would help to make a movie or if those instructions are good enough.

Regards,

EJ

Edited by ejnodurft
andkal View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 1:34pm
EJ-Instructions were simple- Thanks!
Andy K
shawrouter View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawrouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 9:12am
Originally posted by ejnodurft ejnodurft wrote:

Lot's of secrets!  LOL.  Actually, there is a
Readme4.1.pdf document in the EnRoute4_1 folder that
explains a lot of the changes in the new version.
Backplot is mentioned in there.  But what isn't mentioned
is that you can set BackPlot up as a "Solution" so that
you can easily call it up from the EnRoute program. 
First, with EnRoute closed, go to the EnRoute4_1 folder
and create a folder called Solutions.  Then move the
Backplot folder in to the EnRoute4_1\Solutions folder. 
Then go to the Setup Menu - Preferences - Initialization
tab and point the Solutions path to the
C:\EnRoute4_1\Solutions folder.  Then close and open
EnRoute and there will be a new Menu called Solutions and
Backplot will be the program listed in the Solutions
Menu.  Click it and it will start up Backplot. Now it's
not a secret anymore!  Let me know if it would help to
make a movie or if those instructions are good enough.
Regards,EJ

This sounds interesting, but where do I get backplot?
tgm View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 10:36am

The Backplot folder with the exe file is right in the Enroute folder.

Tom in PA

shawrouter View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawrouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2011 at 10:56am
Originally posted by tgm tgm wrote:

The Backplot folder with the exe file is
right in the Enroute folder.

Tom in PA

Thanks, I never realized that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic