SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clean up pass on push thru ltrs.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980ram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clean up pass on push thru ltrs.
    Posted: 11 August 2010 at 2:18pm
NEW TO ENROUTE 4 CAN'T SEEM TO PUT A FULL CLEAN UP PASS ON A 1" ACRLYIC LTR.I have tried width of cut,putting a offset outline then a width of cut.I have the dvd which is very helpful but can't get a clean pass to work like with enroute 2 If any one can help it would be greatly aprecated
ejnodurft View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
SAi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejnodurft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2010 at 11:16am
Hello,I don't completely understand the question.  When you are doing a push through letter, the first you select with be the Rough and the second tool is the Clean tool.  This Clean tool will provide the shoulder for the letters so they won't go through the female part.  The Width of the cut in the Cut Definition will equal the width of the shoulder and the depth of the Clean pass relative to the material thickness will determine the thickness of the shoulder. You want to cut the clean pass first and then the rough.  You can assign a 3rd tool if you want that will be a second Clean pass.  But remember that the smallest diameter tool you use for the clean passes must also be used for the female part for them to fit together and both should have the same Inlay Gap. The inlay gap is not for one side.  If this is still confusing, send me an email and we'll do a movie to explain it. 

Best regards,

EJ
EnRoute Product Director
ej@saintl.biz

Edited by ejnodurft
briderx View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briderx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 10:21am
EXACTLY as EJ said.. Use two bits in your toolpath.. Even
if they're the same bit. You'll do a rough pass, then a
cleanup (auto-selected). Make sure you use the same size
bit for both processes. I have found that a .0234" inline
for the push-thru is a VERY good tolerance that gives a
pretty solid fit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic