SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Flexi FAMILY > General Flexi FAMILY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feature Request

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NicJim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 2:04pm
I don't think I've seen this one: an "apply scale to selected" option on the Resize function. Alot of times, I use this to scale out photos of customers' vehicles, and I often have more than one photo, each of which needs to be scaled differently. Adding that option would save me a bunch of time.
Danielle View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danielle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 4:43pm
I do alot of channel letter setup that requires inlining. I use to work in Casmate, and inlines were separate. I don't like how Flexi groups the effect, then I have to separate and uncompound, just to select my inline. My "keep original" box is always left unchecked, but it still keeps the original outline that I have to delete. Could this be changed, or can an extra feature be added without having to create an "effect"?
ljump3 View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljump3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 10:05am
Please return nesting to Production Manager!
Nesting in Flexi is not the same as nesting in production manager.
designs View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote designs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 9:16am

Here is a good feature that I could have used recently.  I am not sure if someone has already mentioned this or not.

Having the ability to stretch a font in a particular direction without changing its stokes.

Raider View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 11:52pm
Fix Flexi so when you add a point to a shape, the gradient fill is not affected.
Why Not?
mrbmp View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbmp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 8:29am
" Stop having to go back to the select arrow after you click with it."

I second that one...

xtremesign View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtremesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2005 at 4:28pm

Here's one i would like to see.

In the "Design Centeral" I set up different size lay-out for different size signs. For Example: a 3'x6' banner we set the size to 72" x 34", and label it (3x6 banner) so everytime we do 3x6 banner we start with right size. When we up grade, we have to re-enter all this info.

Would like to see this as a Folder, like (templates), so when we upgrade we can just upload to the new. or  I have miss this somewhere?

Steve  Xtremesign.com

xtremesign View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtremesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 4:10pm

Originally posted by mrbmp mrbmp wrote:

" Stop having to go back to the select arrow after you click with it."

I second that one...

I Third that too

jayhawksigns View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayhawksigns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:21am
What I would like to see is a Photoshop like option window that would allow you to convert the color settings of older files to what the current default settings are upon opening.

In the early days for our shop, the words "Color Management" were not in my vocabulary. Mainly because printers were not in my shop, color matching wasn't something I worried about. Now though, I am particular about my color settings for obvious reasons. It would be nice to have an option to go ahead and convert files to your current settings.

And what about a template for print settings.

You can apply a temptlae for the basic file settings, colors, and such. How about a way to print off the print settings for a particular job. Even if it is something you do through the PM, it would be nice to print off a hard copy of the settings you had when prinitng a job.

Edited by jayhawksigns
signguys View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote signguys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2006 at 4:24pm
Mathew,

i know i mentioned this before, about the increments in design central
not being appropriate simetime to much sometimes not enough. I've got
an idea.

let's say the increment is 0.1 but I want it to be 0.01 or 1.0.

In Design Central if I were to type "+.01" or "-1" this would become the
new default increment. If the increment were wrong one could quick click
the up or down arrow to go back to the original condition and the type in
the desired increment.

Let me know what you think, you know where to find me.

Am I the only one who checks back here.
Rodson View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2006 at 4:23am

Resizing a Photo Such as a Vehice would be ez if I could select a point(a) and another point(b) enter the value I need, hit enter and have it resized to my measurement perfectly.  Usually I have to drag the corners - measure - drag again- measure - ...... until I get close to the correct value...

Thanks..

ajbsd View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajbsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2006 at 11:11pm

-add (bring back) center contol node on selected objects.  ...as in Flexi5, Inspire, & Casmate. cumbersome to select multiple objects without it. (like it shows up when rotating)

-add selected object size properties info to bottom task bar.

-able to have design central dialog/flyout box to be intergrated/dropped on top task bar.

-add a preview button on color settings... dialog.

JAred69 View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAred69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2006 at 4:11pm
Double Line digitize tool

Ya I know I should just outline a single line but it seems to cumbersome and can't ever tell where the edges of my "tube" will be.
nhdl View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nhdl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 10:46am

Dear,

Do wa have improvement for HPGL/2 format and function?

matthew View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Scanvec Amiable Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2006 at 8:35pm
HPGL/2 is improved in Flexi 8 - it now can import the layers.
wsolis View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2006 at 4:50pm

#22 center text on arc--- could be explaineed as center text on length between 2 points along a line or curve.

Multiple Page import --- use style of advanced repeats and choose # of tiles across or down.

*** Advanced repeats with point selection as "repeat from here, and away".... same as resizing from selected point. In other words... repeat downwards not always upwards. ... Or do I have to select the negative #s on that... Did not think about that till now. Oh well. Either way, it should do from center left 3 tall - 1 above, one below style if wanted.

Move point by typed increment. Earlier version of Inspire/casmate/flexi5?? had that. ****Also, Bezier curve help better than Adobe. We can eyeball, and follow 5 degree increments all day, but how about typing the increment of rotation around point? The degree? The distance from point? Sorry, I do some technical drawings here. Not just signs.

I do like your warp/distort tools.... some. Warp to envelope? bend line of text on x degree arc or by this height at center???? Look into something called Omega from GSP.... Don't copy.... just beat those suckers and be better.

LZW COMPRESSION!!!!! Nuff said?

Fixing my send to hold/Print Manager problem. I send to hold, and I can no longer edit color management in job properties. At leaft build 854 allows me to send to PM and get the right one now. I like to nest in PM sometimes... Not flexi R&P. Also, from PM, open a .fs file rather than just rastor and print job files. I cannot edit the print job file properties sent from R&P in PM.

Oh, the above is nice for those of us with weak computers, and 10'x20' printouts with 4 tiles. I had to create the tiles by hand, and much thought. Had I just been able to type in the width and height, and start inset from the bottom left origin, my life would be great. Rather, I have to BS my way into the whole thing. I do it by zooming way in and looking at the ruler, while praying. How bout resize from left/right/top/bottom/corner in here too???? I know I can crop or mask in Flexi, but I crash the computer when this is done that way. Overload!!!

*** Cropping causes color shifting!!!!

*** Non Color management on an image causes black prints.... but with a hint of color in the lightest spots.   ARRRRRGHHHH!!!!

Oh, and if you thought those were good/bad/whining... wait for this next one.

After I spend my time looking at the preview while typing in my #s and such in DesignCentral, which can take a while to get it just right, I like to press the "Enter/Return Key" to confirm my selections/modifications. I swear that I am going to rip someones mouse off their computer and do something rude with it if I lose another set of choices to the need to click the GREEN CHECKMARK. I sure don't have to use that "RED X" do I????? ESC seems to work just fine. So does ENTER.... or SPACEBAR. How bout an audible beep at least to tell me to make my selection now!!!! Why must I lose it all the time because I know my shortcuts???? Is there not a shortcut for this??? If so, why not publish it?

Hope I helped.... trust me, I got a million of them. I used to do beta testing for other companies.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic