SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Square Corners, Male Offset

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Losark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Square Corners, Male Offset
    Posted: 11 September 2013 at 12:35pm
I am using a Biesse Rover 24 that has a tendency to wiggle when it changes direction.

Whenever we program a cutout using an onion skin (finish pass) for whatever reason the tool slows down when it hits corners and eliminates its wobble. It does this on both passes.

HOWEVER!! Every time we try and tell the machine to cut through the material (3/4 plywood) in 1 pass it hits the corners full tilt and creates unacceptable wobble marks on the back end of all the corners.

Is there a setting that I am missing or a toggle to click to make it slow down around corners? We cant really afford to onion skin every single part. Has anyone else encountered this issue?
shawrouter View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawrouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2013 at 3:35pm
I don't think this is a software problem. I would check to see if your motors and properly seated and tight.
Losark View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Losark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 10:12am
Yes it is primarily a machine issue. What I am trying to figure out is how to replicate a condition that the software creates that mitigates my machine's shortcoming.
jessegreen View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessegreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 8:46am
You could put a bridge that wraps around the corner.
Usually the machine will slow down a little when it has to
raise up in Z and that may create the effect you are
looking for.
triangleMD View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triangleMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2013 at 10:00am
Have you tried comparing results with "Sharp corners" turned on & off in your router offsets?
Todd Zuercher View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2013 at 2:13pm
Often machines have lower acceleration rates in thier Z axis than the others.  If you have a movement in the Z then the other axis have to match their acceleration rates to that of the slower Z.  You could probably eliminate your problem by lowering your acceleration rate in the problem axis.  (I would also look into correcting what ever backlash and or servo tuning problems are the root source of the problem, could also be worn drive belts)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic