SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

start/end points not matching

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderlegs54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: start/end points not matching
    Posted: 25 September 2013 at 10:13am
hey all. Eric here with another snafoo. I run enroute 4.2 on a multicam 3000. lately, to varying degrees, my starting cutout point does not match the exit point. At first I thought my material was slipping on the table, but with no load at all it does it and on multiple passes, it enters and exits excactly the same way every time. I looked closely at my drawings and it doesn't show up there. It seems to be on every single piece i cut out, but at different amounts. Results in a jag I have to file out and a less than perfect shape. thanks for trouble shooting with me. A small detail. A couple of times when I homed in the morning, I got the message: failed to x home. I cleaned it and blew out all dust and seems to be okay now.
shawrouter View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawrouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2013 at 1:31pm
Sounds like a router problem. Maybe check to see if your motors are seated correctly and tight.
shawrouter View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawrouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 2:44pm
Did you have any luck with this issue?
Spiderlegs54 View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderlegs54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2013 at 4:43pm
Hey there. Been gone awhile. I thought the problem had gone away. later cutouts have shown some of the same behavior, though less drastic. I think it is in the software, because motors seem tight and secure, and the offset is the same on every pass.  I usually do several passes in alum and a cleanup pass to boot on some projects. mostly we cut .080 to .25" alum.
richmad View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2014 at 7:36am
based on the load on the cut you might find more or less of a difference in the miss-match...sounds like a backlash issue or as noted something is not tight.
check the spindle mount
motor mounts
push the gantry to see if there is movement
don't rule our bad or worn collet were to tooling might not sit well

another issue could be if your using a stepper motor.

check for squareness...and circles to see if the match up large and small
Spiderlegs54 View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spiderlegs54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2015 at 1:03pm
PlastecProfiles11 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2015 at 5:34pm
Like richmad said check for squareness. Cut two squares
lets say 48" and flip them all around they should line
up perfectly on all four sides. If they don't then your
machine is not square.
I would be very surprised if it was Enroute's problem.
Cause if the machine is not square it will be consistent
like that.
I hope this helps
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic