SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

please simplify 2d drawing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dajsawdust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: please simplify 2d drawing
    Posted: 22 January 2014 at 8:19am
I have been drawing in cad for years and enroute is the most difficult program to draw shapes and lines to an exact length or size, yes it can be done but there are a lot of steps involved.

I'd like to see it so that you start a line from any point, drag it out, as you drag you type in the length, hit enter, and it sets the line at that length.

similar with a circle tool, you set a point, drag out the circle and type in the radius, hit enter and walla!

The other thing that helps this process is if by default when you get near the X or Y axis your line snaps to that axis without having to hold the control Key.

I use Sketch up pro and this is the way these things function, it's very quick an easy.
thanks Don J
Life is a series of compromises,Roll with it.
Snitzel View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snitzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 2:06pm
I also go back and forth between Sketchup and Enroute, but I don't really have an issue with how Enroute does it..

You draw a circle of any size, press f2, then type in the dimension you want. It's the same with lines and rectangles. The extra step is minimal in my opinion.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic