SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gerber sabre 408 and OCC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gerber sabre 408 and OCC
    Posted: 09 July 2015 at 7:15pm
Hello,
We have 2 routers and The one that uses EnRoute is out of service right now the other is a gerber sabre 408. Everything so far routed fine until we tried to route a 3d relief, The Output Control Center progress bar stops at 30% so we try routing anyway and it only completes a portion of the job and then we get the Aborted Error.
I read all the forums and checked all the settings. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Jack

Edited by jackjones
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2015 at 11:20am
Jack,
  What version of Enroute do you have? You may have an older version of the Output Control Center if you have a older version of Enroute.
You can contact the Enroute online support email address at enroute@thinksai.com.

Best Regards,
Aaron
jackjones View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2015 at 3:35pm
Hi All,
I was able to route the job saving the output file then using the GCOMM_1.exe to send the file to the router.
So I still wanted to know the issue with Output Control Center, After tinkering with it for a while I found that id I Change the port settings in Windows device manager /Port Settings/Advanced/ lowered the Receive Buffer to (4)   and lowered the Transmit Buffer to (3) I get a whole lot further almost the complete the job But I still get the Aborted Error.
There is something definitely wrong with one of the driver settings and or files. Some one should look into this. Apparently after doing lots or research I am not the only one with this Issue. If anyone knows the fix please let me know or shoot me an e-mail betoneto@runbox.com Thanks..
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2015 at 10:57am
Jack,
  There are several things you can try that I will email you, but one thing you do not want to do is lower the buffer because the lower you go the more likely you will never get Enroute to communicate properly.
Another problem we have is that we are not the creators of the Output Control Center, but rather Gerber is the one that created it and allowed us to use it in our software to run their machines. The problem is that Gerber no longer supports these machines and we will never likely get a "fix" for anything related to that software. There is a slightly different version of the OCC that I will send you via email that you can try along with some other setting suggestions for you to try that may help with the problem.

Best regards,
Aaron
jackjones View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2015 at 10:53am
Thanks The file you sent worked. She's running good now.
Go EnRoute...
Thanks Again Jack..
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2015 at 4:05pm
Jack,
I'm glad to hear. Just for the information all anybody who runs into this forum post, please contact Enroute tech support and we can send you some information and a different version of the OCC to help with the communication.

Best Regards,
Aaron
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic