SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ordering question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ordering question
    Posted: 27 October 2015 at 2:29pm
We just switched over to EnRoute 5.1 from AXYZ Toolpath so I am learning how to do things all over again. Right now I can't figure out how to fully manually set ordering. I have an aluminum sheet with multiple inside cuts and it treats the whole thing as one object and picks the order of the inside cuts automatically, so outer parts of letters are being cut before centers.

here's a screenshot
http://imgur.com/NeqzPOP

Is there a way I can pick each individual shape in the order I want?
Thanks

paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2015 at 3:12pm
What will want to do is when you output you can click on
the Object order buttona dn select inside out and that
should work.

http://screencast.com/t/iAgX30oo

Best regards,
Aaron
sgt View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2015 at 3:33pm
Thanks, but I want to pick the order before I output to TAP, no? I can't set the order at the router or anything.

I just tried setting the Object Order under preferences to Inside Out and ran the 2D Simulation again and it mostly works (albeit all over the place, back and forth from the far ends of the piece), but completely ignores the centre of the 'R' in the Registered Trademark

http://imgur.com/pvNcCJC

Am I not able to set it so it treats the centers as their own shape and order each shape independently of each other?
jessegreen View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessegreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2015 at 12:20pm
I've found it's more acurate to select all your inside paths and TP them as an internal offset and then select the outline and toolpath it seperately.  then you can use the machining > order ... command and order them by hand.  When you put a router offset on an set of object that have both outside and inside cuts it groups them all together as one toolpath group.
sgt View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2015 at 3:21pm
Aawesome, I'll try this out. Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic