SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scaling, Position, and Input Box

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scaling, Position, and Input Box
    Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 22 December 2015 at 7:53am
Why was it changed so that scaling is based on the lower left corner now and other points cant be seleceted? Specifically the center point, from where I want the scaling ot be done from 100% of the time, since, when changing the shape's size I would generally/always like it to stay in the same position. Is there a way to change this? Rotate can be done from any of the 5 handles, changing the position can be done frow amy of them, why not Scaling?
(I'm using Enroute 5 now, from 3.)
(I know i can do it through the tool bar and shortcuts but the Input Box is convenient even though it disapears seemingly randomly and is hard to get out of with out hitting escape or closing it and right clicking only works sometimes.)
Also, it was nice to double click any of the handles to open the box in my previous version, why did they do away with that feature?
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 28 December 2015 at 6:54pm
I'm not sure why it has changed, but if you want to scale and control where you want it to scale from you would need to use the Scale that is in the menu or on the toolbar. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 04 January 2016 at 7:52am
That fuctionality shoud be brought back. Seems odd to do away with features on a newer upgraded version.
Also, beign able to double click on a handle to open the input box should be brought back. That was a feature I had wished other programs had insteasd of the usual; wishing enroute worked the way all other programs do.
Oh speaking of that, why is the scaling in decimals instead of percents like it was and every other program is? I realize it's a matter of punching in the same digits except with a decimal point but everything else uses %. Why the switch? Can I change that somewhere?
If I want something 90% the size of the original, I want to just punch in 90(%)not .9. 150% not 1.5 factor or whatever it is called.

thanks
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 04 January 2016 at 10:08am
Nsign,
If you want to avoid having to click on it you can you can use the F2 key to bring up the Precision input center or Shift F6 to bring up the full tool. There is no way of changing the units for percentages and I don't know of any plans to change to percentages. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 04 January 2016 at 11:56am
Thanks.
I know the F2 and a lot of the shortcuts. I'll try to get Shift F6 into my routine.

Any reason for the switch from percentages?
PlastecProfiles11 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 05 January 2016 at 10:01pm
Maybe there will be a little disagreement but it would seem to me that entering the decimal point is easier than entering a percentage sign anyway not? After all the percentage sign you have to hit shift where as the decimal point is right there on the number pad.
Just my thoughts.
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 05 January 2016 at 10:04pm
I suppose that you would not have to enter a percentage sign i guess but nevertheless I guess I still tend to think in decimals not percentages. Its all in what you are used too.
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Posted: 14 January 2016 at 11:39am
Yea, it's just what we are used to. I think every other program I have used including previous versions of Enroute were in %.
It's like drawing a circle, it wants a radius instead of circumfrence.
It's not hard to divide by 2 but its awkward and more steps.
No one ever says draw me a 29.9375" radius circle. They would ask for a 59.875 cricle (in this case to fit in a 60" hole with some wiggle room.) It's like reading something translated from another language or something.
Master
Master

Posted: 16 January 2016 at 9:06am
I could make a solution for you that would make circles by diameter instead of by radius.
Master
Master

Posted: 16 January 2016 at 9:09am
What I mean by a solution is that it would be on the solutions tab. It would remind you alot of the Braille thing.
Master
Master

Posted: 16 January 2016 at 9:21am
For that matter if you wish I can even make it scale by percentages.
Master
Master

Posted: 16 January 2016 at 10:40am
In fact I can even have it so that you can scale from the center uf you wish.
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Posted: 25 January 2016 at 9:48am
Oh that's right, you make solutions (I guess they are called) to have enroute do things it normally doesn't do. I checked your website but didnt fully understand what i was looking at.
Master
Master

Posted: 25 January 2016 at 10:59am
Yes that is what they are called. It would  be comparable to what other programs would call addins or plugins. They go in the solutions folder in enroute.
Master
Master

Posted: 30 January 2016 at 12:36pm
Just curious what part on our website did you not understand?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic