SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tool not in Turret

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tool not in Turret
    Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 22 December 2015 at 8:57am
I wasn't planning on posting another topic so soon after my first.
When I go to send the job to the controller, I frequently get the warning that the tool I'm trying to use is not in the turret, when clearly it is, I have been using it, and sometimes it's actually in the spindle and I have just finished using it. Usually I'll hit save or close out and re-open the job or program and it resolves itself. If I dont close out, when I look at the tool order in the output box the same tool is listed twice. I can un-click one and it will output but sometimes not the whole job. (not all tool paths.)
I havent done anything diferent in these situations and when I delete all the toolpaths and re apply them with the same values to the same vectors everything is fine.
Other times if I, the same tool path will run twice. (all of them)I think this is related.
Can anyone tell me if this situation has occuresd and what you have done to rectify it?

Thank you.
PlastecProfiles11 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 22 December 2015 at 3:04pm
Check the tool library and see if you have two bits with the same name.
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 23 December 2015 at 10:54am
Thanks, but nope. I'm on top of the tool list, nothing I dont have, tool catalog number, descritpion, material it's for, color coded. When I save or sometimes have to close and re-open it is fixed. I used to go check the list and re select it too but that didnt work.

thanks
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 29 December 2015 at 10:11am
When you get the message that the tool is not in the turret it means that you have not placed that tool in the toolchanger settings in Enroute. If you have already placed that tool in the toolchanger in Enroute then there has to be a duplicate tool in the tool library. This will happen a lot if you open a file and you don't have one of the tools in the file saved in your library. 

If you want to try something though you could delete the Enroute preferences and see if that helps. You go into your C: drive then open the Enroute 5 folder and find the file called Enroutepreferences.xml. Delete this file while Enroute is closed and then the next time you open the program it will create new fresh preferences. Just be aware that you will need to go back and select your driver and setup any settings you had before. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 30 December 2015 at 8:17am
Thanks for the reply Aaron. I know I only have each tool listed once and it happens with many different tools, not just one that I may happen to have had listed twice. It happens after I've been using the program for a while and have done some work with out saving often. I think it just gets confused.
I dont run a job a second time usually but I have noticed whe I do open an old job it wants to replace the
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 30 December 2015 at 8:44am
Now that you say that it seems to me that I have had some problems with that too no duplicate tools, tool was in set in enroute as in the tool changer and in the output it said that the bit was in there twice.
It is very frustrating. And as I recall I had to retoolpath everything to correct the problem.
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Posted: 31 December 2015 at 6:48am
Try hitting save first, then closing just the job then openint it if that doesnt work, then lastly closing the program and opening it up again if that doesnt work.
Thats how I figured out it was a glitch not my error because it worked fine upon reopening with out making any changes. It happens 75% of the days I use the program. yes, very frustrating.
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Posted: 31 December 2015 at 6:58am
No edit button, ay? I hadnt finished my post but hit post. I was saying in my reply to @paloalto_17:
I dont run a job a second time usually but I have noticed whe I do open an old job it wants to replace the tool with a similar one (which is less similar than the exact same one that's in there in dimensions and almost identical in name. I may have added space since last used to line up the tools to make the list easier to read.)
I have reloaded the program once (not for this reason) but it still happens. I didnt know if maybe this hppened to others and maybe there was a solution. I try to hit save more often.

thanks
Master
Master

Posted: 31 December 2015 at 9:07am
Try pinpointing a pattern does it do this only when you open an old file? Does it do it only when it tells you that there are now compatible tools.
If you find a pattern then Enroute can provide a fix and while they are fixing it you most likely will have a work around.
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 31 December 2015 at 12:32pm
N Sign,
 If you can narrow it down to a specific action that would be good. One thing to note is that Enroute does not save its tool library for you. So if you create a new tool and then close Enroute with out saving the tool library that tool is now gone. So the next time you open that old file its going to say that the "tool in the file does not exist do you want to add it or use a similar tool?" The software tries to find a tool that is the closest fit. When saving the tool library I always just save it as the default library name so that it just overwrites the original. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Posted: 04 January 2016 at 7:39am
Yes, when ever I make changes or even look in the tool library I save before exiting.
I rarely use old files after thay have been run.
It happens with a new job and when I have been working and I havent saved in a while, or have a few toolpaths applied to various vectors so there is a lot going on.
Sometimes the same toolpath will run twice for no reason. I think this is related.
I dont have duplicate lines of one copy of the file on top of another.
@PlastecProfiles: I rarely run old files.
Not sure what you are asking, Telling me there are no compatible tools is the problem I 'm asking about.
I'm trying to figure out a pattern.

thanks
Master
Master

Posted: 04 January 2016 at 9:36am
What I am saying is what Aaron said try to find a pattern but after seeing your post I re looked at my post and I understand why you are confused. I meant to say no compatible tools instead of now compatible tools.
Todd Zuercher View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 22 January 2016 at 1:14pm
I've seen this happen alot.  I don't have a solution for it, but it is a bug that I've fought with for years.  (in versions 3, 4 and 5) What I've found is that this mess up seems to happen most often after using the undo feature a few times, especially when there are grouped objects with tool paths that have been deleted and restored.  If items were on different layers it is even more likely to mess up.
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Posted: 25 January 2016 at 1:03pm
So it just happened again. It has happened ech day I've run the machine just about but I havent posted here.
I had a feeling it was going to happen. I'm only working in one layer but Enroute just gets too confused.
I put the same tool path on some letters. Edited 1 of them,then worked in the file. Tried to edit the rest as a group but couldn't, could oonly edit 1 at a time even though they were all pathed at the same time. This is my first clue. (I just delete all toolpaths then re-apply. Kind of a pain but what else can I do?
I went ot output and I need to change the order of the tools because for whatever reason it always wants to run the clean pass/smallest tool at full depth first, guaranteeing it will breatk it. So I had never seen this before; only 1 tool was listed, I cancelled then tried a few times but cancelling before sending. I closed the file, opened it, Machining>output> Tool order> fix the order> send> "tool not in turret"!
Close program, open same steps, sends fine.
Master
Master

Posted: 26 January 2016 at 7:26am
If you edit the one letters toolpath I know for a fact you wont be able to selectvl them all and edit all the toolpaths. Because Enroute thinks they are dufferent.
Master
Master

Posted: 30 January 2016 at 12:57pm
One other thought if when you open a file i asks to add a tool and you have 2 1/4" bits even if they are nane exactly the same but the one is in the toolpath and the other is in the toolchainger Enroute willcsay that the 1/4" but is not in the toolchainger. But the mystery to me us that you close Enroute and make no changes. But it works. Mysterious.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic