SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with circles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhibinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with circles
    Software: OtherEnroute 4.2  Level:
    Posted: 20 January 2016 at 10:20am
I'm having issues when cutting circles on my either my Komo VR510 or on my MultiCam 3000 serious machines. I'm pretty new to the company, so I'm not sure what happens on the Komo, but on the MultiCam if I cut out a circle using an internal cut, it cuts it out as an oval instead of a circle, if I cut it out using an external cut, I get flat sides across from each other, not a perfect circle. My drawings are imported from autocad, and I've tried with different versions of autocad.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Todd Zuercher View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 4.2  Level:
    Posted: 20 January 2016 at 4:26pm
What does the code look like in Backplot?  If the code looks fine, it could be a machine problem.
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 4.2  Level:
    Posted: 22 January 2016 at 10:23am
Jhibinger,
  I would do what Todd mentioned and check the code in Backplot. Backplot is located in Enroute under the solutions menu. This program allows you to see the code in the output file and it draws it out for you so you can see or preview what its going to look like. 

Another thing that you can do is create a circle in Enroute and tool path that and see if you get the same result. If you create a circle in Enroute and it does the same thing you may want to contact Enroute tech support and see if they can take a look at Enroute and maybe there is a setting somewhere. 

Best regards,
Aaron
Jhibinger View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhibinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 4.2  Level:
    Posted: 22 January 2016 at 11:43am
Thanks a ton guys, I will check that out and try your suggestion. The thing that baffles me is the problem isn't consistent across both of my machines. They both have issues, but do different things.
Todd Zuercher View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 4.2  Level:
    Posted: 22 January 2016 at 1:03pm
That really isn't very surprising.  Each machine I'm sure are using different drivers to produce the g-code, and they are configured independently.  So if one of the drivers is configured wrong it won't effect how code is made for the other one.  Ditto if there is a problem at the machine.
PlastecProfiles11 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 4.2  Level:
    Posted: 30 January 2016 at 12:40pm
What did you find on this problem.
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic