SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Out of Memory Error?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Out of Memory Error?
    Software: OtherEnroute 5.1  Level:
    Posted: 20 January 2016 at 4:20pm
I am having a great deal of difficulty outputing tool paths for a large 2.5-D V-carving with Enroute 5.1. It keeps giving me out of memory alarms (on a Windows 7 64bit PC with 16GB of memory).  I can generate and output the same file on a much older XP machine with Enroute 3.2 and 4.2 without any problems.  It smells a lot like a bug to me. 

Also I was having trouble exporting from Enroute 5 to the previous version files. I can still open the exported file with V5 but they would not open with the older Versions even though I chose the old file format when I tried to export them.
PlastecProfiles11 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5.1  Level:
    Posted: 20 January 2016 at 7:07pm
One time we had problems like that in Enroute 4 but if it works in 4 but not 5 I tend to agree that it smells like a bug
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5.1  Level:
    Posted: 22 January 2016 at 10:26am
Todd,
  What version of Enroute 5.1 do you have? Is it 5.1.0.27 or is it 5.1.0.70? If its the first then you might consider downloading the newer version from our website. I don't know if you have tried this or not yet but you might try running Enroute as Administrator and see if that helps. 

Best regards,
Aaron
Todd Zuercher View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5.1  Level:
    Posted: 22 January 2016 at 10:37am
It is 5.1.0.27.  I'll download the updated version, and see if it helps.

I've tried running as admin, in the past and it has never helped with any problems I've had (besides screwing up my preferences and network drive settings).

PS, It would be nice if announcements of important updates were sent out to users.
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5.1  Level:
    Posted: 22 January 2016 at 10:54am
Updating to 5.1.0.70 did not help, and neither did running as administrator.
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5.1  Level:
    Posted: 25 January 2016 at 9:40am
It CLIMB MILLING is checked, uncheck it.
I was trying to do a pretty simple fill but had it in CLIMB. I had to keep restarting the program because it would freeze.
I tried just a small portion of the fill and it srtuggled but did it.
Tried other fills with the same parameters and they worked. It was just something about that artwork and doing it in CLIMB.
Unchecked CLIMB and it did it in a flash.
I realize you said ourputting and I'm talking about toolpathing.
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5.1  Level:
    Posted: 25 January 2016 at 9:48am
No, it tool paths fine (or appears to at least).  Also this is V-groove engraving not a fill or or offset tool path and I'm not using climb milling.  The problem is when I'm trying to generate the G-code to send to the machine. 
It also crashes during 2 and 3-d simulations of this file.
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5.1  Level:
    Posted: 25 January 2016 at 10:15am
Todd,
 If you are having issues when doing simulations then you might try going into the Enroute preferences and under the display tab and try turning off the "Real time rendered panning" or you can try and change the rendering options to OpenGL 1 or 2 and see if that improves anything. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
Master
Master

Posted: 25 January 2016 at 10:32am
Running a cleanup on the problem drawing, took care of the problem.  Must have been some loop or line segment somewhere causing a fly-out that Enroute v5 didn't like, but the earlier versions didn't seem to care about.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic