SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Change drills

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bankayo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change drills
    Software: OtherEnroute 4  Level:
    Posted: 21 January 2016 at 12:24pm
Hello!

I'm starting now with the EnRoute 4 and I'd like to know which option should I select to be able to change the drill during the work.

Example: I would like to use the "hatch fill" with a specific milling cutter and then cut with "routing offset" using a different milling cutter in the same job.

Thanks!
dragoonxx View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragoonxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 4  Level:
    Posted: 21 January 2016 at 5:53pm
does your device have an automatic tool changer?

it should be as simple as telling one parameter to use tool x, and then the router offset tool y

at my work we do most of our hatch fills with a 1/8 or 1/4" custom rounded end mill, and our outside cuts with a 1/4" end mill- and I just set my cut templates to use whichever tool i need for that particular operation
Todd Zuercher View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 4  Level:
    Posted: 22 January 2016 at 9:04am
If your machine does not have an automatic tool changer, it is usually simpler to set up processes using different tools as separate milling files.

If your machine does have tool changing capabilities (or at least a quick change spindle), your going to have to tell us more about the machine so that Enroute can be configured correctly to output the code it needs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic