SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Statistics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragoonxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Statistics
    Software: OtherEnRoute 4.2  Level:
    Posted: 22 January 2016 at 4:24pm
I'm trying to figure out how exactly EnRoute generates its job estimations- as the math never seems to add up.

---------------------
Job Estimation Created On  22/01/2016   2:16:32 PM

-----------------------------------------------------

Total time 2011.8798517  sec    33 Min  and 32 Sec 

# of Tool changes 2

# of Arcs 426

# of lines 206

# of plunges 42

Total length in material 2113.968 Inch   53694.784 MM 

Time inside material 1460.726 Sec    24 Min  and 21 Sec 

Total length out of material 1578.941 Inch   40105.101 MM 

Time Outside of Material 473.682 Sec    7 Min  and 54 Sec 

Remarks:

Factor used for this job = 1.5
------------------------------

those numbers don't seem to add up in any fashion- the times listed add up to 1934.408s- which doesn't match the total time it estimates, nor does it seem to match a 1.5 factor

does anyone know how the job estimates are actually generated?

Stewey View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 4.2  Level:
    Posted: 22 January 2016 at 7:46pm
I guess it is based on the multiplication factor (1.5 in your case)
and the default travel speeds in your machine, unless you set faster speeds in the cut definitions for the tool and for the substrate.

I find with our machine, 2.7 is closer to reality for 2D cutting, and as for 3D routing, well, take a guess and just wait & see. Perhaps 3.9 is a better factor, due to the limiting governing weakest link- the Z axis speed on our machine.
Todd Zuercher View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 4.2  Level:
    Posted: 25 January 2016 at 11:27am
I've found the estimation tool to be almost useless for anything 3-d.  The main problem is that other than the multiplication factor it does nothing to include machine acceleration times in the calculation.  I've yet to find a simulator/estimator that can do this (without taking the full run time to do it.)

As to why the in and out of material times don't add up to total time, my best guess is that lift or plunge movements are excluded from both the in and out times and the total time does include them?  Or a problem including the transitional movements from G0 to/from G1/2/3 in the time estimation?
dragoonxx View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragoonxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 4.2  Level:
    Posted: 25 January 2016 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Stewey Stewey wrote:

I guess it is based on the multiplication factor (1.5 in your case)
and the default travel speeds in your machine, unless you set faster speeds in the cut definitions for the tool and for the substrate.

I find with our machine, 2.7 is closer to reality for 2D cutting, and as for 3D routing, well, take a guess and just wait & see. Perhaps 3.9 is a better factor, due to the limiting governing weakest link- the Z axis speed on our machine.

I'd take that 1.5 as something close to reality- if the math even added up- but it doesn't, and I also have no idea where to change the multiplication factor- from past experience- the time estimate is about 1.25x actual (after accounting for the tool changes)
PlastecProfiles11 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 4.2  Level:
    Posted: 25 January 2016 at 12:22pm
I guess easy way to tell what the factor should be to set the factor at 1 then actually time the job on the router. Then divide that by what Enroute says and you should have the factor.
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
dragoonxx View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragoonxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 4.2  Level:
    Posted: 25 January 2016 at 12:26pm
i'd love to be able to change the factor...but where and how can that be changed? I've only got the "basic" EnRoute 4.2
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 4.2  Level:
    Posted: 25 January 2016 at 1:05pm
I do not know if enroute 4 can do it but in 5 there is a jobestimater.ini file that has the factor in.
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
dragoonxx View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Posted: 25 January 2016 at 1:21pm
yeah, I just found it- a whole three settings- factor, tool change and max speed. I'm checking with our operator to try to see if i can't adjust the times to make our time estimates more accurate.
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 4.2  Level:
    Posted: 25 January 2016 at 1:25pm
Yep thats the file.
Stewey View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 4.2  Level:
    Posted: 25 January 2016 at 7:28pm
Ditto - yes, that's it. Just open C:\Enroute**\jobestimator.ini in notepad, and edit the factor & save.
dragoonxx View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Posted: 27 January 2016 at 4:10pm
i wish EnRoute had better documentation in regards to the job estimator. 

My table operator and I did some experimenting- i had adjusted the factor to 1, and compared against his actual- and i'm not 100% sure where/why/how- but my job estimate was saying ~13:20 at a 1.0 Factor, and actual was 15:47- so i played around with the factor until my time got close, then we rebuilt in our margins.
Master
Master

Posted: 27 January 2016 at 5:18pm
A factor of 1 will not be correct because the router will slow down around corners.
Why I said use a factor of 1 is so that then you could figure out how much "off" your router is.
According to my calculations your factor should be 1.184.
dragoonxx View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Posted: 27 January 2016 at 6:15pm
yeah- we adjusted the factor to 1.25 (had gotten us within a few seconds to start for a base), and then rebuilt in our margins for clean-up, etc. his on-machine estimator was within a few seconds of what the actual was- 15:47 vs the machine estimate of 15:42. 
Master
Master

Posted: 18 March 2016 at 8:56am
How do we get the designer version to estimate the same as the full version?
We use the same factor for both but the results are vastly different. I am talking difference of 4 hrs to 14 hr. I am thinking it has to do with drivers but we cannot change them.
Master
Master

Posted: 18 March 2016 at 9:41am
Also does it figure for going slower on circles? The reason I ask is because I had a job that had rectangles that is was about right on. And then we did a job with a bunch of 4 in circles and it acually took 2.5 hrs. but enroute estimated at nearly 4. We used the same factor for both jobs.
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 4.2  Level:
    Posted: 18 March 2016 at 3:43pm
Enroute does not calculate for a slower feed rate in corners since Enroute does not have the ability to slow down toolpaths around the corners. That is up to the machine so if there is a significant slow down in corners then Enroutes estimates will be off. These estimates also do not take into consideration Toolchanges and things like that because it has not way of determining that info. 

Make sure you have your Feed rates and Plunge rates set in your toolpath and that will help make Enroute more accurate in regards to those estimations. Also take the time to go into the driver setup and set up the Driver speeds sections and that may also help. 

Best regards,
Aaron
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic