SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snap To?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snap To?
    Posted: 27 January 2016 at 10:17am
I am having a lot of trouble with the Snap To... feature in Enroute 5.

I've set up some drawing features that I want to use as a templates for making other drawings.  It works great in the original file.  But when I want to reuse the template in a new file, after copying and pasting it to the new file, the snap to will not work on the copied contours.
PlastecProfiles11 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2016 at 12:34pm
I have had the snap tool quit working in the middle if a job. It will especially happen if you scale a circle without having proportional checked. But I don't recall ever having it quite as you desribed.
Just curious. If you save the new file and close Enroute and open the file again does it still do it?
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
Todd Zuercher View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2016 at 8:57am
I'll have to try that. 

I think it is related to coping and pasting a set of grouped shapes.

I've found that if I don't group the items together before I copy and paste, then the snap tool still works.  But If I group the items, copy and paste them, then ungroup them the snap will not work.  (snap to has never worked on any grouped items)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic