SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OpenGL Compatibility

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessegreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OpenGL Compatibility
    Software: OtherEnRoute 5.0.1.70  Level:
    Posted: 01 February 2016 at 11:41am
I have an Nvidia Quadro K620 and if I turn on any of the OpenGL acceleration options in the EnRoute preferences it seems to degrade, rather than accelerate, 3D Performance.  Is there a list of OpenGL cards that are compatible with Enroute 5?
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 5.0.1.70  Level:
    Posted: 01 February 2016 at 12:42pm
Jesse, 
We don't have a specific list of supported devices, but I have found that some PC's that just use the onboard graphics chipset sometimes run a little better. Its hard to tell why you might be getting those errors. Make sure you have the latest drivers for you card. 
Also what version of Enroute are you using? If you go to the help menu and click about then look at the file version. If you have Enroute 5.1.0.27 you might want to try upgrading to the latest version on our website 5.1.0.70. 

Best regards,
Aaron
jessegreen View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessegreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 5.0.1.70  Level:
    Posted: 01 February 2016 at 3:24pm
5.1.70  I upgraded from .27 hoping it would fix it, it did not.  Latest driver is installed, I was also unclear on what the different levels of Open GL Compatibility in the options was tied to. 
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 5.0.1.70  Level:
    Posted: 02 February 2016 at 10:55am
Jesse, 
The different levels of OpenGL are there to help you configure what your computer setup can handle or is compatible with. Here is some info about the different levels of the OpenGL and what they do. Hopefully this helps. I would try using some of these different options and then stay with the one that works best. 

OpenGL Level 3
This is the most advanced option. It uses the graphics card on your computer to perform OpenGL rendering in the perspective view. This mode is new in EnRoute 5.
OpenGL Level 2
This is the option that was the default method in EnRoute 4. Some users may continue to find this to be the preferable rendering method for their computer configuration.
OpenGL Level 1
This option has proven to work best on computers that do not include a dedicated graphics card for rendering, instead relying on a graphics chipset on the computer motherboard.
Windows Graphics
If your computer does not have OpenGL rendering capabilities, this method of rendering will still provide good results but will not be quite as fast.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic