SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Onion Skin Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikenicee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Onion Skin Help
    Software: Other  Level:
    Posted: 13 February 2016 at 12:51pm
Hello,
I need to cut out a bunch of pieces and want to set up an onion skin for all the pieces...

Cutting 1/2 plywood
I want to cut 3 passes total

First two pass to go as far as .44" deep.. Last pass .06

The problem is, I see how to do a final pass cut, but that is PER piece..

How do you cut all the pieces down to .44" deep, then go and do the last .06" on all of them?

I know I could set up two different files to accomplish this, but I would assume there is a way to do it automatically.

Please advise.  Thanks
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: Other  Level:
    Posted: 15 February 2016 at 7:53am
Yes, It woule be nice to cut things most of the way out then go around and do the final pass on all of them last.
This would help avoid losing vaccum and keep the pieces from moving around towards the end of the job.
Now I do what you are probably doing and cut the .44 then delete the tool paths and apply a new ont to the pieces. (Edit tooolpaths is grayed out hallf the time even if all the paths were put on at hte same time and haven't been edited o reven moved.)This is a problem though when the cutting edge legnth is less than the total depth you want to cut. I have to either do it in multiple passes with the first one(s) just moving through air or change the perameters of the tool in the library or create a fake tool that will do the full depth in 1 pass.
PlastecProfiles11 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: Other  Level:
    Posted: 15 February 2016 at 12:12pm
When sending put pass at the top.
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: Other  Level:
    Posted: 16 February 2016 at 5:27pm
PlastecProfiles is correct, when you go to output you need to put the pass at a higher priority, this will cause your tool to cut out the onion skin on all of the parts then go back later and shave off the onion skin. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: Other  Level:
    Posted: 17 February 2016 at 9:27am
So moving "PASS" to the top of the list in PRIORITY ORDER means it will cut the final pass of all the objects last after doing all the passes but the final one on all the objecs?

Does it do anything else in other situations?
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: Other  Level:
    Posted: 18 February 2016 at 10:31am
Yes you got it. 

It only makes it do one depth at a time across the whole sheet. It does "do anything else".
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
Master
Master

Posted: 18 February 2016 at 10:32am
I mean it does NOT do anything else.
Looks like edit posts doesn't work.
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Posted: 24 February 2016 at 7:45am
Much like many of the features in the program!
I've discovered that myself. ALways better to proofread, but who even does that these days?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic