SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drilling 5mm Holes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nat Wheatley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drilling 5mm Holes
    Software: Other  Level:
    Posted: 02 April 2016 at 6:04pm
Sorry for the rookie questions...I'm importing DXF's that have 5mm holes on them.  I can seem to setup a toolpath strategy that will recognize the holes.  I'm trying to use 'drill point', but it's not seeing them.  I'm guessing because they're shown as holes and not points?
Stewey View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: Other  Level:
    Posted: 02 April 2016 at 6:35pm
For some reason 'drill point' doesn't work for me either.
I have not figured out why, yet.
I do a circle of the needed diameter and do an offset contour inside it, instead.
Nat Wheatley View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nat Wheatley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: Other  Level:
    Posted: 02 April 2016 at 8:01pm
Think I've got it.  There's a 'Drill Centers' option under the Toolpath tab.   Doesn't appear to be an icon for it, though on the left side of the screen for some reason.
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: Other  Level:
    Posted: 04 April 2016 at 4:22pm
Nat,
You are correct you want to setup a Drill Centers strategy. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: Other  Level:
    Posted: 15 April 2016 at 9:07am
If you click the drill icon on the left and hold for a second more options will appear. only the icons though so I'd use the tabs at eh top of the screen for a while until you recognize the icons.
Clicking and holding the Edit Points icon showed a lot of editing options I had been looking for whe I first got this version of Enroute.

The drill by amount vs. drill by tool diameter is a nice feature if you're are making parts that go together where one is tapped and one has a through-hole you dont have to outline all your tap-sized holes to make the through-holes in the second part.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic