SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nesting problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwoggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nesting problem
    Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 12 April 2016 at 7:38pm
Hi guys, wondering if anyone else uses the feature in Enroute 5 that allows you to import .DXF files with multiple layers? I have been using the feature for several years now, importing layers, nesting them and then toolpathing each layer, then copy and paste to the master, then output. I recently upgraded to ver. 5.1.0.70 and now when I nest the shapes the layers are empty except for Layer1? I called tech support but they don't seem to even be aware of this nesting feature? FWIW, I have my designer export complex designs from Corel Draw and he exports the file with layers which have always translated easily into Enroute, this makes it much easier to toolpath complex shapes with multiple toolpaths by each layer. 
Anyone else use the feature or encounter the problem?
PlastecProfiles11 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 13 April 2016 at 8:11am
So you was able to import several layers? Wow that is interesting I have never heard of that either!
Of course I have the same version as you so likely Ill have the same problem but Ill have to check it out.
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
jessegreen View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessegreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 19 May 2016 at 11:52am
When Enroute nests, in my experience, it sticks each sheet worth of toolpaths onto the same layer.  What I do is immport everything, toolpath each layer, group the toolpaths together by object, and then nest.  It's annoying that once it's nested you lose all your layer seperation, but I haven't found a better solution.  make sure 'multiple sheets' is checked.
PlastecProfiles11 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 19 May 2016 at 3:10pm
Hum even when I nest originals and not having multiple sheets checked it does it.
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
pwoggler View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwoggler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 19 May 2016 at 5:17pm
Form what I can understand it must have been a feature from the cabinet making version that was somehow left in the standard version but was lost in the update, but I talked to a salesperson about Enroute 6 and they said it should be a standard feature now. It saves a lot of time being able to toolpath by layer and then turn layers off and see everything that you just toolpathed and then export.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic