SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skateboard Form 3D

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skateboard Form 3D
    Software: OtherEnroute 5.1  Level:
    Posted: 10 May 2016 at 2:53pm
Hi. I'm trying to figure out how I can make a positive and negative form for a skateboard. We currently laminate layers of 1/16" maple veneer on top of a form and insert the form into a vacuum bag. The veneers then conform to the form. The form has been CNC'd out of 2" thick 15 lbs. signfoam. I used Enroute's 3D extrusion to make the form. I am now trying to make a more complex board with a concave deck but it also has a drop down deck. See the image of the extrusions I am trying to make. How can I make a negative concave on the negative form? 

tjboards View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5.1  Level:
    Posted: 10 May 2016 at 4:24pm
I don't think I made myself very clear on that post. Normally I put the veneers on top of the form and then insert them into a vacuum press. On this board I want to make a positive and negative form that I can sandwich the veneers inbetween and then put in a hydraulic press. How do I make the opposite of the concave on the other form?

PlastecProfiles11 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5.1  Level:
    Posted: 10 May 2016 at 4:26pm
What I would do is extrude both using add to relief. Then slam it to the bottom of the plate or where ever you want to put it. Make sure that you have it center to bottom. 
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
Stewey View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stewey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5.1  Level:
    Posted: 14 May 2016 at 9:01am
You used to be able to do a 'negative' of a relief...

but in your case you'll need to build a new top relief mould which will be a bit different from the bottom one, because of material thickness on the tight curves.
PlastecProfiles11 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5.1  Level:
    Posted: 17 May 2016 at 5:26pm
That's true but it does look like he planned for that already.
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic