SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EnRoute 5 no longer saving default settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AccessTCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EnRoute 5 no longer saving default settings
    Software: OtherEnRoute 5  Level:
    Posted: 05 July 2016 at 12:12pm
Hi everyone,

Recently our machine has stopped remembering it's settings for EnRoute 5 - the machine setup driver and table size defaults, windows placement, etc..  Once we set it all up again, this works fine until EnRoute is closed, then it forgets everything again.

The machine is not joined to a domain and the user is an administrator so that is not the issue, and the machine talks to our MultiCam just fine once we re-enter all the settings.

Do you wonderful folks have any idea what we can check?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,
Chris
PlastecProfiles11 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 5  Level:
    Posted: 05 July 2016 at 12:50pm
I would probably reinstall Enroute. 
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
AccessTCA View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AccessTCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 5  Level:
    Posted: 05 July 2016 at 2:59pm
Thanks for the tip -right now it works just a bit painful.  Not sure how to setup the extra tools (like Vision, fly-cut) if they get reset too on a reinstall.

We tried to restore settings from EnRoute 4 but seems that version has lost all its settings too.

Thanks,
Chris
Todd Zuercher View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 5  Level:
    Posted: 05 July 2016 at 4:18pm
Enroute doesn't save any of the settings until it exits.  If it is crashing and not closing cleanly often any changes you made will be lost. 

Are you opening multiple Enroute sessions?  I've noticed if I double click on an Enroute file in an Explorer window Enroute will open a new Enroute window, and this almost always crashes (at least partially) both the new Eroute window and any previously open Enroute.  This is just one of many ways I've found to consistently screw up Enroute. 

One thing I like to do once I get the machine drivers and Enroute configured the way I like it, make a backup copy of all the .ini and .xml files in the enroute folder, and the .CNF files for the machine drivers I use (in the Ndrivers folder) and save them to a backup folder somewhere.  This has saved me a lot of head aches already.
AccessTCA View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AccessTCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 5  Level:
    Posted: 05 July 2016 at 4:28pm
Hi Todd,

EnRoute exits gracefully.  We have not had many issues with the app crashing we've been using it for a good while now.  Just booted up this morning and all the settings are gone.

We have a tech that is going to run through all that with us soon, he suggested doing the same you stated with the config files.

Thanks,
Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic