SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

possible bug

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triangleMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2016 at 4:31pm
Thanks for your response and clarification of how the software functions with the option.
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 10:02am
I don't have quite a good of an explanation as to why the Width of cut causes an issue with the entry exit. As far as I tested though it for me it did not really matter what I put my width of cut at the 10 degree angle never really worked, but I was able to use 11 degrees of angle in all of my tests and that would work. 
This is something I did mention to the developers and they said that it most likely has something to do with the fact that when you apply a width of cut the software treats the tool path more like a island fill than a routing offset. They said they could look into it and see what might be the issue there, and possibly look into a fix of some kind. For now increasing the degree to 11 seems to fix it or if you wanted to go a totally separate route you could create an offset contour or a couple of them and then do a routing offset to each of those. That would achieve the same result as adding width to the routing offset and allows you to use the entry exit control of a standard routing offset that they are looking to use.

Best regards,
Aaron
PlastecProfiles11 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2016 at 5:15pm
Thanks!!
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic