SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - # of Passes reverts to 1 with a change in depth.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

# of Passes reverts to 1 with a change in depth.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: # of Passes reverts to 1 with a change in depth.
    Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 28 September 2016 at 3:23pm
any particular reason why? or why it keeps the pass number when I change the depth in first screen but when I'm in the cut definition screen it changes to 1?
I'm done with snapping tools when I want something to go in 3 passes, change the depth a 32nd and it tries to take the full 1/2" in 1,then instand breakage. especially when it's a brand new tool.
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 28 September 2016 at 5:26pm
N Sign,
 The reason it does this is because when you have the cut definition open alot of those fields are active and they update in real time. So when you change the depth it updates the other fields so that it can do it in as few passes as possible. When you change the depth in the other screen its not connected actively to that setting so it just uses the previous number of passes you had put in there. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
N Sign View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 04 October 2016 at 9:34am
what other fields change? I haven't noticed any others I need to watch out for I dont think. For instance Climb Milling doesn't revert back to Conventional, Feeds & Speeds don't change to 0.00s.
PlastecProfiles11 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 04 October 2016 at 12:39pm
Sometimes i see the channel tags box get unchecked sometimes.
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 04 October 2016 at 1:08pm
Not all of them will change, but some fields will. It depends on if the change you have made affects how that option functions or not. If I change the depth the Feeds and speeds really are not affected, but for example if you change the depth that can have an effect on how many passes you may have to do. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
N Sign View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 06 October 2016 at 8:40am
I found another. When I use Router Offset and set up the Inlay distance then go into the Cut Definition window, screw around in there, when I come back the inlay ofset is gone. Inlay is still checked but its at 0.
This is a problem when you cut something with a specific inlay to match other pieces and take it off the machine and the pieces DON'T FIT! Then you have to try to get it on the tablre exactly where you had it which is always fun.
Also: doubling the depth should reduce the speed by 25% by that logic.
Todd Zuercher View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 06 October 2016 at 11:42am
Originally posted by PlastecProfiles11 PlastecProfiles11 wrote:

Sometimes i see the channel tags box get unchecked sometimes.

That one trips me up all the time.  (It has always been a problem as long as I've used Enroute since V3 to present)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic