SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enroute 5 & 6 Tool libraries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quibble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enroute 5 & 6 Tool libraries
    Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 12 October 2016 at 10:02am
Comrades,  we are about to upgrade to Enroute 6. I assume that our current v5 Tool Library will migrate to the new version. My question is whether the two versions use the same format for the library file. In other words can I copy the file <ToolLibrary.ini> from .v6 to .v5 installations or vice versa safely. thanks in advance for your help

paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 12 October 2016 at 12:20pm
Quibble,
 Yes you are correct the tool library will transfer over with no issues. In Enroute 6 there is a new feature that will transfer the files over for you if you are just upgrading the same computer from ER 5 to 6. Under the help menu there is an option that says "Restore Settings From a Previous Version." This will copy all of your settings over to the new ER6. 

Best regards,
Aaron
Quibble View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quibble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 12 October 2016 at 2:18pm
Many thanks for that info Aaron. I plan to keep our .v5 seat running as a second workstation. Being able to copy the .v6 Tool Library resource file on our primary workstation to the our 2nd workstation, running .v5 would enable me to keep the two systems "synced"

Does that sound workable, ill-advised or just plain crazy?
Quibble View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quibble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 14 October 2016 at 8:58am
For now my main question about .v5 & .v6 tool libraries is whether their tool library resource files are inter-changeable. Can I simply copy <ToolLibrary.ini> from .v6 to .v5?

PlastecProfiles11 View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlastecProfiles11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 18 October 2016 at 5:14pm
I dont think you can keep them in sync unless you copy and paste everytime you add a new tool. But you should be able to copy and paste yes.
Learn to automate Enroute by seeing an example at https://github.com/PlastecProfiles/EnrouteAddin
Quibble View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Posted: 24 October 2016 at 11:06am
Many thanks! Questions lead to answers, answers lead to more questions– I'm sure I'll be back soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic