SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aggregate Tool Path

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aggregate Tool Path
    Software: OtherEnroute 5.2  Level:
    Posted: 08 November 2016 at 10:26am
Any one using Enroute 5's Aggregate tooling abilities?

They added the feature, but unless your machine driver is set up for it, it won't work.

Does anyone know what if any of the machine drivers that ship with Enroute 5 support horizontal milling?
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5.2  Level:
    Posted: 08 November 2016 at 10:39am
Todd,
 Most of the drivers in Enroute do not have any horizontal milling or drilling support at all. This would be an additional feature that would need to be added. Enroute does have some limited aggregate head support, but any kind of horizontal milling or drilling is a manual process. In other words you have to create your drill  points or routing and then manually rotate each one and then position them in the correct locations. 

Best Regards,
Aaron 
Todd Zuercher View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5.2  Level:
    Posted: 08 November 2016 at 12:44pm
I have the tool path rotated and located where I want it.  I just can't find a machine driver that will generate any g-code rotated out of the XY plane.  All the machine drivers I've tried will only output the pre/post-ambles and any tool change codes, but no actual tool movements.  I was hoping to find at least one included machine driver that actually worked that I could then hand edit the code it outputs to work for my machine. 

I won't go into all the work-around steps I had to go through to get one small horizontal pocketing routine I needed right now today, but it was all very frustrating.  (Compounded by my eternal frustration with Enroute's closed source machine driver system.)
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5.2  Level:
    Posted: 09 November 2016 at 4:42pm
Found out the reason it would not output any tool paths.  In the "Aggregate Head Parameters" window, I had entered the wrong value for the "Heading" It needed to be -10 degrees (actually 350) and I had put 10 in by mistake.  After I changed it to 350, it out put the g-code fine.
richmad View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5.2  Level:
    Posted: 22 November 2016 at 6:44am
where is this function located ? I cant seem to find it in ver 5 or 6 ??????
Master
Master

Posted: 22 November 2016 at 8:48am
It is in a window that automatically pops up when you try to output a tool path that is rotated out of the XY plane.  Looks like this.

Master
Master

Posted: 22 November 2016 at 8:51am
Oops looks like I can't stick in a small image of the window.
Here is a link.
https://s11.postimg.org/fkx8oezer/aggregate.png
Master
Master

Posted: 22 November 2016 at 8:53am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic