SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rapid Texture Ignores Z axis Input

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FastSignsZach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rapid Texture Ignores Z axis Input
    Software: OtherEnroute 6  Level:
    Posted: 15 December 2016 at 11:49am
I'm trying to create a distorted texture using the Rapid Texture feature in Enroute 6. I've created the curved line I'm basing my texture from and I've chosen "Wave Texture 2". I set all my parameters to my liking including wavelengths:2.5, offset:.5, horizontal amplitude:1, vertical amplitude:.2. The problem arises when I choose the "Noise" option instead of "Wave" under Displacement. It renders the rapid texture with a Z depth of "0" despite being told ".2"

I like the form of the texture with the "Noise" option applied much more than "wave" but it's useless if it doesn't apply the depth to the cut, obviously. Also should note when "wave" is checked the texture is rendered with the correct Z depth. Any help with this issue would be much appreciated. 
FSZach
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 6  Level:
    Posted: 19 December 2016 at 12:06pm
FastSignsZach,
 Do you have the Randomize box checked? If you don't you need to check it and that should help. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
FastSignsZach View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FastSignsZach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 6  Level:
    Posted: 21 December 2016 at 3:48pm
Aaron,

That did the trick! Thank you so much!

-Zach
FSZach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic