SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Import .dxf file scale issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Import .dxf file scale issue
    Software: OtherEnroute 6  Level:
    Posted: 26 December 2016 at 9:15pm
I need help please.  I just purchased the Enroute 6 program recently and am having issues importing my dxf file.  When I import it into Enroute the scale is way off.  This is all new to me and I don't know what to do.  Has anyone had this issue?  Thank you for your help.
Tina
Tina
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 6  Level:
    Posted: 03 January 2017 at 12:47pm
TinaT,
 What is probably happening is that the file that you are importing is, for example, in MM but your Enroute design space is set to IN so when you import the file it assumes the file is in inches. 
The way to fix this is find out what kind of units the file was saved in Inches or MM. Then once you know that then set your Enroute design space to that set of units. Go to your setup menu and click on preferences and under the units tab make sure your length is set to MM or IN depending on the file and then import it. 
Then you can always go back after you have imported the file. 

Best regards,
Aaron
N Sign View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 6  Level:
    Posted: 05 January 2017 at 1:32pm
I replied to this post last week also, are posts dissapearing?
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 6  Level:
    Posted: 05 January 2017 at 3:24pm
Nsign,
 I don't think posts are disappearing. I have seen all of my posts recently, but i'll go back and make sure. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
N Sign View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 6  Level:
    Posted: 06 January 2017 at 11:40am
hmm. I posted about mm/inches i think. definitely advises after importing and "fit plate to design" to then go back and make sure the origin is 0,0 because even though it looks right on the screen it will cut wrong so make the origin 0,0 then re-center the artwork.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic