SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nesting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nesting
    Software: OtherEnroute6  Level:
    Posted: 09 January 2017 at 2:22pm
What version has more options for the nesting, I have only Dynamic nesting available. When I look at utube videos on nesting there is a flyout available on the nesting tab. I do Plasma cnc so more option is what I want
allan101 View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute6  Level:
    Posted: 09 January 2017 at 2:24pm
Enroute Fab, Designer, Complete or what
Todd Zuercher View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute6  Level:
    Posted: 09 January 2017 at 3:26pm
I don't think there are different levels of the nesting program.  Either you have it or you don't.
However, Enroute has added new features to the nesting program with progressing versions.  What version of Enroute do you have?  They added quite a bit to the nesting between 4 and 5.  (don't know about 6 still on 5.)
allan101 View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute6  Level:
    Posted: 09 January 2017 at 3:36pm
Well I was using subscription to Fabricator but when I click on the tab there is only dynamic nesting available , on all the videos I have seen if you click on the nesting icon there is a option for two more nesting options
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute6  Level:
    Posted: 10 January 2017 at 10:44am
It sounds like you don't have the nesting algorithm in that package.  Frankly I'm a little surprised that you even get the dynamic nesting.  I don't think I ever bother to use that tool.  If I need to do that I just drag, drop, and rotate by hand.

I'll be honest I don't actually use the nesting all that much, as I can usually achieve better yields using the make multiple copies tool and a little fiddling. (when filling the sheet with a bunch of the same items for production runs)  However it can be a time saver for nesting a bunch of unique shapes (like sign letters) that you are only going to cut once.
allan101 View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Posted: 10 January 2017 at 3:07pm
Well automatic nesting would be more convenient for me as  have a lot of different shapes on the table at the same time. Pain in the ass to have to rotate to fit each piece in
Master
Master

Posted: 10 January 2017 at 4:42pm
Here is a link to the feature list for version 5.
http://enroutesoftware.com/Objects/Documents/SAi_EnRoute_Full_Feature_List.pdf

Try sending SAi an email asking them how much it might cost to add the nesting option to your version.  They may or may not have a number to give you.
allan101 View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Posted: 10 January 2017 at 7:01pm
Well Enroute called me and fixed it , used team viewer and got it the way it is supposed to work. Thumbs up EnRoute
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute6  Level:
    Posted: 11 January 2017 at 9:55am
Allan,
Glad we got you all fixed up. The Enroute Fab has the dynamic nester and the plus and pro have the full set of nesting tools. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic