SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bridge letters for plasma cutting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bridge letters for plasma cutting
    Software: OtherEnroute6  Level:
    Posted: 20 January 2017 at 7:19pm
What is the easiest way in EnRoute to bridge letters like O,P R,Q,D,A, so the centers do not fall out,when cutting with a cnc plasma?
There has to be a simple way to do this. If not this feature should be added
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute6  Level:
    Posted: 23 January 2017 at 10:07am
Allan101, 
There is no way to do this automatically when you apply the kerf compensation tool path. What you would need to do is before you tool path the letters you would need to break them apart and then create a small separation between the lines so that the plasma does not cut all the way through. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
allan101 View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute6  Level:
    Posted: 23 January 2017 at 10:50am
Hi Aaron
Okay ,I was hoping there was a easier way, something more automatic, there is just to many clicks if the mouse the way it is now. Perhaps something for a update
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute6  Level:
    Posted: 23 January 2017 at 11:22am
Allan101,
 Another option is finding a font that has those breaks already in them. I have seen many fonts that are specifically built for Plasma machines. I think they are commonly referred as Stencil fonts.

Best Regards,
Aaron
N Sign View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute6  Level:
    Posted: 27 January 2017 at 8:13am
I've had to do this routing a stencils for customer for spray painting. Frequently they don't want that stencil font and want their logo or branding too.
The best i can offer (and what you are probably doing and is too many clicks.)is make a rectangle the thickenss of the bridge you want and place it over the section being removed (a little wider than the section to be removed) and overlap the edges and "weld joined"

allan101 View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute6  Level:
    Posted: 31 March 2017 at 11:24pm
Yes way to many mouse clicks, I have used other software for plasma cnc where it is very easy to do. I am thinking the plasma side is not to important on features as the routing is, not as popular at the moment. Plasma cnc should be about KISS method especially working with text It is always about the money

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic