SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reverse Selection?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reverse Selection?
    Software: OtherEnroute 5.1  Level:
    Posted: 23 January 2017 at 2:29pm
Is there a way to reverse select items?

I wish there were better ways to be able to select a few items.  Specifically, I would like to be able to select a few items out of a larger group then be able to drag the mouse selection box over the group and have it select the new items and un-select the previously selected items in the mouse selection box.  Kind of like the "Invert Selection" choice from the Edit menu, except only acting on the mouse selection box instead of the entire screen.

Right now the closest I can get to this action is to select the whole group then click on each item I want to un-select with a "Ctrl+mouse click" This is tedious and sometimes frustrating, when I am having trouble getting the mouse to click the right item.

If there is not a current way to do this, consider it a feature request.
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5.1  Level:
    Posted: 27 January 2017 at 8:06am
yes that is one of the most frustrating changes from previous versions and other software I was used to. I tried holding space bar, shift, alt and other buttons.
I learned that holding the spacebar while 'circling' things groups and ungroups objects seemingly randomly and the results are rarely repeatable.
What is that called anyway, when you left click, hold, drag and select either one or a group of objects? Highlighting, I've heard grabbing, selecting, lighting up, etc.
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5.1  Level:
    Posted: 27 January 2017 at 12:21pm
Todd,
 Unfortunately I don't know of any way to select items in Enroute in that specific way. It something we can mention though as a feature in a future version. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic