SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Automatic Entry/Exit Parameter Length?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmorrison08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Automatic Entry/Exit Parameter Length?
    Software: OtherEnroute Fab V6  Level:
    Posted: 28 January 2017 at 9:49pm
Hi,

I am new to Enroute Fab 6 but not to design software for CNC plasma tables. I create 2d metal art on my table.

Is it possible when creating a cut path using the Kerf Compensation strategy to have the Entry/Exit parameters automatically create a length? Software I have used in the past would shorten the lead-in so that it did not ruin my piece. As in if I was creating a 1/4" circle it should make the lead-in as long as possible to still not affect the shape of the piece.

A lot of my pieces have words in them so having a lead in is a must to have clean cuts, but at the same time sometimes I use a 1/4" lead-in and others a 1/2" lead in (the longer the better, within reason)

I hope this makes sense and thank you for the help!

Mike
mmorrison08
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute Fab V6  Level:
    Posted: 30 January 2017 at 10:37am
mmorrison08,
 Unfortunately there is no way to have the length of the entry/exit depending on the shape. In Enroute you simply set the length and then Enroute makes sure that the entry or exit will not run into any other parts. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic