SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Access violation at address"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quibble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Access violation at address"
    Software: OtherEnroute 5  Level:
    Posted: 27 February 2017 at 11:38am
Comrades.

Enroute 5 occasionally returns the error message "Access violation at address" when importing an AutoCad DXF or when editing/tool pathing a drawing. Enroute then freezes and will not allow any further commands. Sometimes I can remedy the issue by relaunching Enroute. Sometimes I can edit the original DXF prior to importing (I've found a block enitity in the drawing will cause this error). Other times -like this morning- I just can't get any work done at all. Any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks,

Dana
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5  Level:
    Posted: 27 February 2017 at 3:42pm
Quibble,
 Sometimes using the other import filter can help. When you go to import in that window you will see at the bottom a box to change the file type. There are usually two filters for DXF try both and see if they both give you the same result. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
Quibble View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quibble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5  Level:
    Posted: 27 February 2017 at 5:13pm
A thousand thanks! The DXF Legacy filter does make a difference when importing this particular problematic DXF. I've been saving DXFs as version 2010. Most of the time its not a problem but occasionally they create havoc. That may be for more than one reason but if you have any other thoughts about this issue I'd be happy to hear them. best regards, Quibble
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5  Level:
    Posted: 27 February 2017 at 6:01pm
Well I don't know much about the DXF format and how to read it but I do know that the Regular DXF import filter is a industry standard filter and we simply use that because its the standard and we update it every time it gets updated by Autocad. 
The Legacy filter though is a filter that was created by us and sometimes will do a much better job of interpreting a complex or troublesome DXF file. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5  Level:
    Posted: 01 March 2017 at 10:35am
Have you tried running Enroute as Administrator?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic