SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Toolpath Ordering only pointing to first object
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toolpath Ordering only pointing to first object

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote actioncheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toolpath Ordering only pointing to first object
    Software: OtherEnRoute 6  Level:
    Posted: 24 March 2017 at 11:09pm
I'm trying to view the Toolpath Ordering, but when I click the icon, I get the first shape to be cut labeled as number 1 and nothing else. Clicking the green or blue arrows does nothing and I can't step through the job. Anybody know what's going on?
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 6  Level:
    Posted: 27 March 2017 at 10:10am
Actioncheese,
 Your parts are most likely grouped together. If items are grouped then it treats it as one piece. If you want to see how its going to cut them individually you will need to ungroup everything. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
actioncheese View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote actioncheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 6  Level:
    Posted: 27 March 2017 at 6:47pm
I had a look and they are ungrouped, so I grouped and ungrouped everything and it didn't fix the issue.

I just did a test where I drew three objects and gave them a routing offset. The Toolpath Ordering worked correctly so I drew a large box around the shapes and that broke the ordering again. So the ordering looks to work for cutting parts from a sheet, but not if I want to cut an enclosed panel with a pattern cut from the inside.
Todd Zuercher View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 6  Level:
    Posted: 28 March 2017 at 3:48pm
According to the image you've posted.  It looks like all of the shapes were tool pathed together (why they look red in the image) making it all one big part with an outside male tool path, and a bunch of inner female paths.  Delete all the tool paths, select all of the inner paths only, generate those paths as seperate female paths, then do the outer male one.
actioncheese View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote actioncheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 6  Level:
    Posted: 28 March 2017 at 6:06pm
Yeah that works, good idea thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic