SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using knife, some corners smooth out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pestopasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using knife, some corners smooth out
    Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 31 March 2017 at 2:56pm
Hi,

On occasion, when I am using the oscillating knife tool, corners that are around 130 degrees will smooth out. The corner becomes rounded rather than sharp. It should be a straight line into the corner and a straight line out.

It looks fine on screen in EnRoute, but when I run the file on the CNC router, it cuts rounded.

This never happens when I am using any router bit tool. It only happens with the knife tool. Is there possibly a corner tolerance setting somewhere in EnRoute?

Thanks,

Lenny
Thanks
pestopasta View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pestopasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 11 April 2017 at 8:05am
Hi,

MultimCam, the manufacturer of our CNC router, came up with the solution. The router, not the g-code file was this issue. The "closeness" setting on the router was set to .5 and it should have been .2. This fixed the issue. Thanks for looking.

Lenny
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic