SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engraving export

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brightideashops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engraving export
    Software: OtherEnroute 3  Level:
    Posted: 17 April 2017 at 9:12am
Disclaimer - I'm VERY new to routing and EnRoute. I'm using Enroute 3. I'm trying to send an output file to another company who uses Bobcat. We use the "engraving" function here and I'm sending an engraving file to them, but there's a problem. Our depth is a positive number (0.2"), and they need it to be a negative number. They also said something about a post for fanuc. I've learned enough to use the basic functions of the EnRoute, but these technical terms are confusing me. I've output the file but this seems to be the 1 problem. Their program doesn't have an engraving function, which is what I'm assuming is causing this problem. Can anyone help!?
brightideashops View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brightideashops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 3  Level:
    Posted: 17 April 2017 at 11:50am
Update:
The company I need to send this file to uses a FAGOR control, and FANUC is also an option. They think they need a new post processor to change the G-code. They say most CNC machines require a negative Z to cut into the material, but the Enroute program uses a positive.
N Sign View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 3  Level:
    Posted: 17 April 2017 at 11:53am
Did you try running the program as administrator?
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brightideashops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 3  Level:
    Posted: 17 April 2017 at 12:13pm
I don't an option for "users" or anything like that, is that what you're asking?
N Sign View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 3  Level:
    Posted: 17 April 2017 at 12:23pm
The first answer to every problem seems to be "Run as Administrator." here. I dont know that it works though.

I'm pretty familar with Enroute 3 so I thought I would be able to finally help someone out here but I dont export or share routing files with anyone so I can't.
I have a feeling you won't be able to do what you want to do though, especially across programs. The tools are different, the -/+ thing, them not having an engraving function, etc.
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posted: 17 April 2017 at 12:29pm
That's not good news. 

I figured out how to change the driver, so perhaps that will change the file on their end. It was exporting as .CNC, this export was .NC using the FAGOR driver.
N Sign View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 3  Level:
    Posted: 17 April 2017 at 1:23pm
I was assuming there was an automatic tool changer but if not, it will run with whatever tool is in there, so maybe it could work afer all.
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 3  Level:
    Posted: 18 April 2017 at 10:12am
Well there are two different settings that can change how the depths are processed in Enroute. When you create a new plate and you select the option called surface at bottom of plate that means that you are placing the 0,0 of your tool at the top of your spoilboard then you will be putting your material on top of that. So in that case yes every cut that does not cut into the spoilboard will be positive. 

The second option is surface at top of plate. This option is for if you place your material that your cutting on the table first then you surface your 0,0 to the top of the material being cut. This will mean that any movement above the material will be positive and any cut into the material will be negative. 

The Third thing to consider is that every driver outputs the code differently so that older version of Enroute 3 may not have a driver that can produce the necessary code for that machine. I would try a Fanuc or a Fagor driver if there is one available. That might get you the closest to what you need the output to be. 

The first thing I would try and use is the Surface at top of plate and see if that helps. 

Best Regards,
Aaron 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Posted: 19 April 2017 at 4:52pm
I think we figured it out. A bit clunky, but changing the driver seemed to fix most of the issue. Fagor was their driver and that about did it. I switched the plate, but that didn't make a difference.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic