FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Edit Entry/Exit won't

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Edit Entry/Exit won't
    Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 05 May 2017 at 9:53am
Yes, I see it is similar to a fill, now that you mention it.
I tried Long edge, Longest Segment, etc. but it keeps wanting to tuck it up into a corner, which is odd ebcause it rarely starts there when I'm using just ofset with no width.
I guess I'll just use a short lead in or plunge straight in.

Thanks.
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 03 May 2017 at 5:45pm
Nsign,
 I'm not exactly sure why you are not able to edit that entry point but i'm assuming its the same reason you can't edit an entry point for a Island fill or one of those toolpaths. Perhaps maybe changing the entry point settings in the preferences might help with where it places it in the first place. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
N Sign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N Sign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute  Level:
    Posted: 03 May 2017 at 11:43am
I have an external routing offset with a width so it's doing it in 2 'steps' so I have more room for chip evacuation. (I presume this is the main purpose of having the 'width' feature.) I like to ramp into the material so I use a 3D angle usually to enter. It creates a little pink tail I can grab and move when I need to. (I changed it from lime green.)
When I cut a width wider than the tool, necessetating 2 steps, the tail frequently starts inside the corner of a letter. I can't 'edit entry/ exit' when the tool path takes 2 steps. If I dont catch it, some of my material is removed in an interior corner.
I know I can shorten the legnth or angle of entry to aleviate this but why can't I move the entry point?

Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic