SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mirroring islandfill. not responding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote axydab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mirroring islandfill. not responding
    Software: OtherEnroute 5  Level:
    Posted: 23 May 2017 at 2:32am
Hi.

When I mirror an object with an islandfill toolpath, Enroute starts calculating the islandfill outside if the containing area of the toolpath. Since there is no outer limit there is no actual end to this calculation so Enroute stops responding without any way to abort the current operation, atleast that I can find.  So my question is, can I abort an ongoing operation or is there a way to prevent this from happening? I understand that I could just stop mirroring islandfills but that's not the point.

paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5  Level:
    Posted: 23 May 2017 at 12:58pm
Axydab,
 What version of Enroute do you have? I am running Enroute 5 and Enroute 6 and I don't have this issue when mirroring a shape with an island fill. 

As far as a way to prevent that from happening I don't know of a way, apart from just closing the software and reopening. 

Best regards,
Aaron
Todd Zuercher View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5  Level:
    Posted: 24 May 2017 at 4:34pm
I've occasionally seen this, bug in 5.1.  Generally in this situation it is best to just open taskmanager and kill Enroute and start over.  But if you walk away from the computer for an hour or 3 you may come back to find a screen full of goofy inside out pocketing toolpaths and a quick click of the undo button, will set it back to how it was before you tried to mirror the object(s).  I have found no other way to abort the processes once started.
paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5  Level:
    Posted: 25 May 2017 at 10:46am
In Enroute 5 there was sometimes a redrawing issue that would occur especially when you had very dense tool paths on a 3D surface or something. I know that was one of the issues addressed in Enroute 6. In Enroute 6 we have not had that problem because the way Enroute handles redrawing was changed and improved so that it won't do that anymore. It was also updated to make scrolling faster and less processor intensive. 

Best Regards,
Aaron
Todd Zuercher View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnroute 5  Level:
    Posted: 25 May 2017 at 3:19pm
It only happens once in a while for me, and it has been quite a while since it the last time.  I don't remember the exact situation that triggers the problem.  I'll try to remember to post images and files of it here the next time it happens.  (A quick try just now and I was not able to reproduce it.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic