SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Processor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post Processor
    Software: OtherENROUTE COMPLETE  Level: FlexiEXPERT
    Posted: 27 May 2017 at 10:04am
Hello all.

I am new to ENROUTE and this forum.  I purchased the ENROUTE Complete license online the other day and was conversing with Luke with questions.  I shot him a quick question Thursday concerning the edit-ability of the post processors.  It seems he checked out for a nice long weekend and was not able to get to my email...which is fine.

I have done some research and even opened the post that come with the software and of course they are all encrypted....which again is fine.

My question is....does anyone know the process and cost of getting post changes made to work with my specific control?

Thank you all and have a great Memorial Day Weekend if you are here in the USA.

Rob

paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherENROUTE COMPLETE  Level: FlexiEXPERT
    Posted: 30 May 2017 at 12:23pm
PPrint,
 We can definitely make some changes to a post if necessary. Luke was traveling to a Enroute training session Wednesday - Friday of last week so that is probably why he did not respond. 
To edit a driver we have to edit the source code, which we have, and then when we compile the driver it creates the PST file. This PST file is the driver but we can't even open this file, rather if we want to make changes we have to edit the source code and recompile. 

What kind of CNC machine do you have and what driver are you using In Enroute. 

Best regards,
Aaron
PPRINT View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherENROUTE COMPLETE  Level: FlexiEXPERT
    Posted: 05 June 2017 at 6:44am
Hi Aaron.  I am using a FANUC style control.  I tried all of the drivers in my install and the Mach 3 was the closest so that is what I have been getting by with.  It requires a handful of edits to change/rearrange it to my needs.

I will submit a .nc file through the "Request a driver" portal on the web page.

Thank you,
Rob
Todd Zuercher View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Zuercher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherENROUTE COMPLETE  Level: FlexiEXPERT
    Posted: 06 June 2017 at 8:43am
What machine are you running?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic