SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nesting+Layers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibis srl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nesting+Layers
    Software: OtherEnRoute 6  Level: FlexiSIGN
    Posted: 22 June 2017 at 9:00am
Hi everyone, I have just installed EnRoute6 and importing DXF files with their layers disappear after nesting, that is, they group into one layer.
On another PC where version 5 is installed this does not happen, it keeps its layers even after nesting and I can turn on or off each layer.
Because?
Is there something to be set in preferences?
Thank you

paloalto_17 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 6  Level: FlexiSIGN
    Posted: 22 June 2017 at 10:30am
Ibis Srl,
 What version of Enroute 6 do you have? Go to your Help menu and click about and look for the file version. There might be an update for you. Also what nesting method are you using?

Best Regards,
Aaron
ibis srl View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibis srl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 6  Level: FlexiSIGN
    Posted: 22 June 2017 at 11:02am
Hi Aaron, my version of Enroute 6 is
6.0, file version is 6.0.0.57
Level basic and as nesting I use the standard one but I also tried with New and Legacy but it continues to make me the same defect
ibis srl View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibis srl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 6  Level: FlexiSIGN
    Posted: 22 June 2017 at 11:05am
Practically before nesting the layers work fine and I can turn them on and off but after nesting no.
On Enroute 5 installed on another PC the same file works well even after nesting

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 6  Level: FlexiSIGN
    Posted: 22 June 2017 at 6:07pm
When Enroute nests if you have the originals outside of the plate separated by layers and then nest, if you don't have the nest originals checked then the originals will stay in the original layers. The nested pieces though will get placed into one layer. This is how Enroute has always nested. 

Best regards,
Aaron
ibis srl View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Posted: 26 June 2017 at 1:04am
Hi Aaron, maybe I did not understand well or I explained myself badly.
The pieces consist of two layers only, the outer edge on that selection of the cut and the internal elements on which I engrave.
When I import the DXF file this is loaded with its layers and if the drawing is inside the plate or outside, I can turn on or turn off the individual layers. Once nesting then, I find all the elements on a single layer,
And even exporting the nested file to DXF I always find it all on one layer.
All this with EnRoute 5 does not happen, even after nesting I can always turn on and off individual layers and keep the original layer.

Best regards,
Pasquale
ibis srl View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Posted: 03 July 2017 at 9:13am
???????

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paloalto_17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 6  Level: FlexiSIGN
    Posted: 05 July 2017 at 7:02pm
Ibis,
 I don't have much else I can say, I have tested all versions of Enroute from 4.0 to 6.0.57 and I can say that they all do the same thing. When you nest the items that get nested are merged into one layer. But if you uncheck the option for Nest originals the originals will keep the layers even after the nest. 

Best regards,
Aaron
ibis srl View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Posted: 06 July 2017 at 8:50am
Hi Aaron,
I know that if I do the nesting while keeping the original the layers remain but on the version 5 that I have on other PCs I can make sure that by nesting without keeping the originals, I can select the single layer and not merge into a single layer
jessegreen View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessegreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 6  Level: FlexiSIGN
    Posted: 07 July 2017 at 2:15pm
Make sure 'Multiple Sheets' is unchecked. That way it won't change the layers.  The moment you do multiple sheets it combines everything onto per sheet layers.
ibis srl View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Posted: 13 July 2017 at 2:51am
Hi, I have unchecked the multiple sheet box but it does not change anything, it continues to nudge it all on layer 1
ibis srl View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Posted: 01 August 2017 at 1:31am
Nothing new about it?
betonesto1971 View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote betonesto1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Software: OtherEnRoute 6  Level: FlexiSIGN
    Posted: 02 August 2017 at 3:49am
I cant seem to reproduce the problem.
 I feel like it might be  a setting in the DXF import filter.
You should ask tech support to do a TeamViwer session.
Or upload a video. I use free portable screenPresso.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 07 August 2017 at 10:15am
Ibis,
 I cannot reproduce this problem on 6 different version of Enroute, so I would suggest you contact support. There must be something that your doing that we can't know since we can't see your process. 

Best regards,
Aaron
ibis srl View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Posted: 09 August 2017 at 6:02am
Hello,
Where am I going to change the DXF import settings?

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: 09 August 2017 at 5:53pm
When importing a DXF into Enroute you have two filters available to choose from DXF Auto cad and DXF autocad Legacy. 
Try both of them sometimes using the other filter will help. 

Best regards,
 Aaron
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic