SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inlay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verucktjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inlay
    Posted: 10 January 2006 at 5:40pm
I am trying to create a inlay on a 1" acrylic letter. The problem is in the pointed corners. When I make the inlay number larger the contour or letter should get smaller. And it does exept for the sharp corners the inlay potrudes out. I thought maybe this was an Import problem so I created a curve to a sharp point in enroute 3.2. with the same result. Please help. Jimmy
Hasign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2006 at 2:08pm
In order to get good clean spacing for your male and female cuts, this is the way EnRoute's inlay feature works. Make sure that your inlay gap is the same for both, your male and female offsets.

Hasign
verucktjim View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verucktjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2006 at 4:26pm
So in other words you need to make sure you have enough of an inlay before you decide to make your female cut. Otherwise your geometry will change if you increase your inlay gap on one and not the other. Thanks For your help Jimmy
Hasign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2006 at 1:13pm
no problem.

Hasign
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic