SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drill head

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drill head
    Posted: 12 January 2006 at 7:42pm

I have a multicam MGNB204 with 9 bit 5x5 drill head. I've never used the drill head with Enroute and am having a problem setting it up to drill in the proper position. I've set up the drill head in the machine set up and it drills holes just not where they should be. Anything else I do in Enroute cuts in the proper place without a hitch.

Any one have any idea where I should start to trouble shoot. 

Andy

tgm View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 8:58am

Andy,

In Enroute go to Machine Setup>Machine Drivers.

Go down list and open DRILL BANK.

Hit check box labeled HAS DRILL BAK

Click on CLICK TO EDIT and this will open up the DEFINE DRILL BANK dialog box where you can set all the parameters of your drill bank including location and drill layout.

Hope this helps,

Tom in PA

andkal View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2006 at 9:22am

Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I have done all that and have tried different locations for the drill layout all with no luck. I'm getting the proper drills to drill, just not in the right place on the part?

I use cad code for 95% of my work with nested cabinet parts and the drill functions perfectly so it must be something in my set up for Enroute that I am missing

I've got a call into my MultiCam dealer

Thanks,

Andy

Andy K
Andy K View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2006 at 11:16am

Figured it out, my drill #1 had to be set to 0.0 then I had to subtract 32mm for the others

Thanks,

Andy

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic