SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3d

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3d
    Posted: 30 January 2006 at 5:44am

I have produced a 3d design consisting of 1/2 pipes to represent a fence.  The first pass will cut down to the flats, and rise up over the pipes.  Now, on the 2nd cut (the other direction) because the area is so large, all I want is the cleanup on the pipes. How do I go about that?  Is it possibe to create tool paths just on the raised (angled surface) areas.

Tappy

Hasign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2006 at 10:04am
Yes, this is possible. Correct me if I am wrong but it sounds like you simply want the second toolpath to finish the job and not repeat what the first toolpath already did. Well, this is called a "step rough". It provides an optional method for creating toolpaths to rough out the relief surface prior to creating the finish toolpaths. The advantage of this method is that it creates 2D toolpaths at multiple pass depths that remove as much material as possible at each pass depth. Because the toolpaths are 2D, they can typically be defined using higher feed rates than 3D toolpaths. Also, each pass only cuts the portions of the relief it can reach, so it is typically more efficient than using multiple passes of standard 3D fills as roughing passes. Check this option out under the cut definition tab in the Depths dialog section.

Let me know if this helps.
Hasign

tappy View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 8:23pm

Thanks for the help. I am gradually getting the hang of it.

Tappy

Hasign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 5:47pm
No problem.

Hasign
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic