SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3d arch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GRAPHICIDEAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3d arch
    Posted: 31 January 2006 at 1:55pm
how can i make a "3d" 1/2 circle using 2'' foam - what command & bits?
tgm View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 8:27am

Draw your arch shape and select it. Go to menu SURFACE>CREATE RELIEF. In the wizard box on the bottom of the page, in the lower left corner, you will see the relief options. Choose ROUND RELIEF...REPLACE RELIEF. To the right you will see the slider for ANGLE. Adjust to 90 degrees and click APPLY button. Your arch will now be bullnosed even the ends, for a nice effect.

You can also EXTRUDE the bullnose shape over a flat relief and this will eliminate the rounded ends and leave them square.

I think the first option is what you are looking for. Practice with it for awhile.

You can then just toolpath accordingly.

Good Luck,

Tom in PA

Hasign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 9:16am
I think Tom's first idea is wat you are looking for. Just make sure you remember to "position" your releif into material (plate) before toolpathing.

Hope this info helps.

Hasign
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic