SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newel post cap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Baynham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newel post cap
    Posted: 02 February 2006 at 5:17pm

I have Enroute plus and generally use my Multicam for cutting sheet goods ,for cabinet parts.I have a contractor that is building a stairway. He wants 7 newel post caps. They would be 8/4 mahogony.Pyramid in shape, and a very shallow cut. The tall point would be 1.75 ht. It would slope down to1" ht on the outside edges. The caps would be square 8.5" by8.5" Without buying special tooling would it be possible to make this sloped cut using EnRoute Plus? I am willing to do some sanding. I have not done any three D stuff yet besides for some signs. Or should I just outsourse the caps?  Thanks for the help. Bill Baynham

tgm View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 7:31pm

Bill,

We are currently running a Multicam with Enroute Pro and we can certainly help you out. We are a custom millwork manufacturer and we are currently on a large mahogany job. We can either run the parts for you or we can run the file and send you the output file for you to run. Should work either way.

Let me know how we can help.

Thanks,

Tom in PA

Edinboro Hardwoods, Edinboro PA P.814-734-7364

email at tgm@velocity.net or thomas@edinborohardwoods.com

andkal View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 6:41am

Bill,

Enroute pro allows you to take a hatch pattern and "tip tool path vertically" which would allow you to machine the sloped sides. I'm not sure Plus has that feature. You could be creative and mount the blocks at an angle then surface the material to get your sloped sides or as he suggests outsource it to someone like him or myself.

Let me know how you make out,

Andy K

Ancom Custom Cabinets

Andy K
tgm View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 8:03am

Tip Toolpath feature is only on Pro. Fixturing and just surfacing is definitely an option as is just running them on a table or panel saw and then finishing by hand as in the old days. Sometimes the simplest method is still the most efficient. For just 7 pieces anything goes.

Let us know hoe we can help,

Tom in PA

Bill Baynham View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Baynham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 2:43pm

Tom,and Andy

Thanks,for the advise and help. I am going to try making a jig and running it vertical.

Bill Baynham

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic