SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tool Paths for Multiple Contours

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azimlich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tool Paths for Multiple Contours
    Posted: 14 March 2006 at 5:17pm
I'm a new user to the 3D functions of EnRoute Pro and I've read the manual
and watched the tutorials and I started building some things but I have yet
to cut anything.

One concern I have is about cutting multiple, intersecting contours. Do these
need to be merged? If I create an island fill on the surface, will it attempt to
cut through the intersecting contours or is it smarter than that. I've tried just
looking at some contours that I applied an island fill to and it's just really
hard to tell because of all the lines that are there.

Any help is appreciated.
azimlich View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azimlich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2006 at 1:21am
no one else uses EnRoute Pro?
draap View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote draap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2006 at 6:55am
I am not sure what you are trying to do but I think the answer would be yes that the cut lines will cross each other with out being welded. It may help if you zoom in close to a particular area to see what the cut lines are doing. Also if you run the 2D simulation it should help you figure out how the cut paths will be ran.

Hope this helps.
Hasign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2006 at 5:42pm
If you are working in the 3D environment, you are toolpathing reliefs and not the actual contours. Your tool paths will follow the relief. In the 2D environment, when simply applying fills to contours, you will only avoid crossing lines if that line is a closed contour and if itís completely inside of the otter contour if you know what I mean. If you wish, send me the file you are working on and I can make some sense out of this for you if you still do not understand ( hasigng@scanvecamiable.com

Hasign
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic