SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3.3 update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3.3 update
    Posted: 28 July 2006 at 12:16pm

Anyone know what the changes are in the 3.3 update ?

Steve

tgm View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2006 at 12:58pm

Steve,

There is a listing on a thread in this forum somewhere that shows the changes in 3.3. I have not seen an official listing as published by SA as of yet. I don't know why these items would not be published so all its users could view them. Seems strange to hold back this info or make your customers hunt and dig for it.

It's here somewhere but I don't know how accurate it is.

Good Luck,

Tom in PA

ZSteve View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 1:24pm

Tom,

It was the update that I was refering to not the upgrade.I upgraded to the 3.3 when it came out, there is an update that I noticed and was wondering what it covered. Thanks, Steve

tgm View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 9:03pm

Steve,

v3.3 was an updater not an upgrade.

Where did you notice an additional update?? It does not show up on the SA site for available downloads.

Thanks,

Tom in PA

Hasign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2006 at 3:52pm
Guys,

There is a 3.3 update that s available. This update will work if you have a previous version of 3.x.x.x installed. It will bring you current. The list of detailed changes from 3.x.x.x to 3.3.0.0 are as follows:
===================================================

Summary of EnRoute changes from version 3.x to 3.3
4/1/2006

1.     New implementation of partial offset tool.
2.     New Install and new splash screens for EnRoute and the new Install.
3.     Added support for a XML file structure in the Automatic Toolpath (ATP) functions
4.     Added new start point preferences – mid or end of longest segment.
5.     Added undo support when pasting from the clipboard.
6.     Additional applications were added to the ATP.
7.     Added the ability to set gap to a negative number in the Nesting.
8.     Added the ability to nest open contours.
9.     Ordering of Row and Columns includes new options.
10.     Added support for LPT ports in the driver setup.
11.     Added localization for Chinese.
12.     Added the ability to maintain grouping in the toolpath ordering.
13.     Added the ability to have a spiral entry/exit.
14.     The way that file name and path are shown in the printout can be configured using an XML configuration file.
15.     Added a function to check tools in files being opened – add tools when necessary and use existing tools when possible. If a tool in the file being opened has the same name as an existing tool but different parameters, the user is notified and given options for inserting or renaming the tool.
16.     Added the ability to pause rendering.
17.     Added support for groups in imported DXF files – enables the ATP to process several objects in one file.
18.     Improved implementation of the Automatic Save function.
19.     Improved the display of object order in the manual ordering tool while panning and zooming the display.
20.     Fixed a rendering issue with Groups.
21.     Fixed a problem with processing the active file in the ATP.
22.     Fixed a problem with loading a strategy that calls for a tool that doesn’t exist in the tool library.
23.     Fixed an issue related to showing the toolpath order of a selection when the selection changes.
24.     Fixed an issue with checking ball-end tools to see if they are the same.
25.     Fixed an issue with ordering. EnRoute now gives the user the opportunity to decide whether to maintain saved toolpath ordering, or allow EnRoute to update the ordering based on the current parameters.
26.     Fixed a number of issues related to importing and exporting DXF files.
27.     Fixed an issue of entry exit location not saved with the file.
28.     Fixed an offsetting issue for very long arc, ellipse and parabolic segments.
29.     Fixed an issue with joining contours that are part of groups.
30.     Fixed a problem with combining reliefs that were lower than Z=0.
31.     Fixed an issue with moving bridges in all passes of a routing offset.
32.     Fixed an issue in Simulate 2D if no tools are selected.

burthowell View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burthowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 11:20pm

Hasign,

I have been away from the forum because of other duties but hope to be back using Enroute3 more in the near future.  How do we go about getting an update for 3.3?  We are presently using 3.2 and it seems that a lot of the new features would solve some (but not all) of our problems.  I would love to import dwg or dxf files from VectorWorks but have not been able to at this point.  Actually, I ac import nothing from Vectorworks!

Thanks, Burt

formerly Burth

tgm View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 9:17pm

Burt,

We have been importing from VW since v3.0. What are the specific problems you are having?? I know Enroute does like anything grouped in Vectorworks. It will usually not import at all.

Let me know if we can help,

Tom in PA

burthowell View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burthowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 10:17pm

Tom,

We spoke about this some time ago and I still haven't solved it.  When I try to download anything except bitmap (gag) I get virtually nothing.  With dxf or dwg, I can see the progress bar in the bottom right hand corner of the screen is showing action, but I can find NOTHING.  I even search all the various files and folders and still nothing.  I don't know where it goes.  Obviously my employer is upset when I spend time drawing complicated parts on VW and can show nothing in Enroute.  The only thing I have successfully imported is through Adobe from the art department.  That is a long round about route, and doesn't always work.

I have been reading about exploding everything before importing.  I will try that and ungrouping.  It just seems that if I get nothing, why would a few groups have any affect.

I will keep you posted, and thanks for your help on a Sunday.

Burt

tgm View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 1:43pm

Burt,

Ungrouping and decomposing (under the TOOL menu) should solve most of your problems. Also in Vectorworks, go to PAGE>SET ORIGIN>SET TO DRAWING CENTER prior to your export. We have had problems on some occasions where the part was so far out in left field that we also could not find it.

Also check to make sure that it was not imported onto a new layer, which I think it is in Enroute, and you just are not checking the layers, just a thought.

Try the above and see what happens. Also send me a .mcd file and I will try it at this end.

Good Luck,

Tom in PA

cadman View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 10:44pm

Tom,

Bless your dear altruistic heart.  I tried what you suggested regarding exporting from VW to Enroute and, alack and alas succeeded for the first time in actually importing a usable DWG.  I still have problems with some things, such as elevations of cabinets (extraneous lines forming odd polygrams) but generally can uses what I recieved to cut what I desire.

I Thank you and my boss thanks you.

Burt 

B Howell
bhdavis View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhdavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2006 at 2:42pm
Make sure all automatic cleanup and merge options are turned off. If they are on turning them off could reduce or eliminate that last problem.

BH Davis
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic