SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hand Carved look

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hand Carved look
    Posted: 15 August 2006 at 10:02am

I ran across a software that can create a "hand carved" look to the background of a sign or something similar using a 1" ball nose type cutter. The effect was pretty neat but the software is lacking many other features. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this within EnRoute easily ? If not is something like this on the horizon?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Andy K
tgm View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 4:06pm

Andy,

Not something you can do in Enroute.

I have another program that we use to fill in the gaps, so to speak, such as texturing, text on curves etc. and it works fairly well. I have yet to find one single program that has everything we need for our work. The texturing we do with the program is purely random and it comes out very well and pleasing to the eye.

I can shoot you an output file to try if you like. You are running a Multicam, correct?

Thanks,

Tom in PA

ancom View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ancom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2006 at 9:38pm

Tom,

Yes a multicam, please send the file. What software is it?

andy@ancomcabinets.com

Thanks,

Andy

ZSteve View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2006 at 7:43am

Tom, as a mater of fact, you can easily apply a textured background using Enroute. you can apply any bitmap image to any 3D surface and get great results. Andy, I hope you take info from this or any other forum with a grain of salt. if you want real answers look it up in your help files or ask Hasign or somone else representing SAI.

And Tom, as far as you having "yet to find one single program that has everything" quit now, it aint out there!

Good day, Steve

andkal View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2006 at 8:33am

Steve,

I am aware of the 3D surface stuff you describe. I am looking for something simpler, using a 1" diameter ball nose cutter with a random pattern to duplicate what a hand gouge may look like. Any thing I have done with reliefs in the past has usually been done with a very small ball nose and required allot of hand sanding when it was done.

Hoping I described this clearly,

Andy K

Andy K
tgm View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2006 at 11:44am

Steve,

I understand you can apply a bitmap image in 3D but there is a pattern to the cut depending on bitmap image size. The program I am refering uses a purely random algorithm so that the same cut pattern is never repeated on any piece, regardless of size.

You're right, that 'ideal' program does not exist which is why we are always using 2 or 3 at a time. Our standing choice is and always will be Enroute, hands down.

Hasign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2006 at 2:52pm
andkal,

Can you FWD me a couple pictures pr files explaining or showing exactly what is is you are trying to accomplish here? hasigng@saintl.biz

Hasign
routerbob100 View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote routerbob100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2006 at 2:08pm

Andy,

You could try building a HUGE master gouge.bmp file by combining a number of smaller files in a random arrangement, taking care to allign the "gouge" marks in the correct random orientation. The new .bmp file should be signicantly larger than the sign artwork. Then apply the .bmp file to your sign artwork with a different section of the master gouge .bmp overlaying your artwork file for each sign you cut. Its not really random, but should be an aceptable imitation and your little secret.

Bob

ancom View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ancom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2006 at 7:28pm

Hasign,

Sent an example via e-mail

Can I post a picture here as well?

Andy

Edited by ancom
Hasign View Drop Down
Master
Master

Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2006 at 5:15pm
andkal,

Can you please re-fwd files. I did not receive. How big are they (megab)? Also CC eSupport@scanvecamiable.com

Hasign
andkal View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:31am

Hasign,

Just sent it again, about 38kb, bmp file

Andy K
tgm View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2006 at 1:11pm

Hasign,

Any luck with the texture file that Andy forwarded to you?

Tom in PA

Darnell View Drop Down
Master
Master

Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 8:48am

Andkal,

Can you send a copy of those files to me at darnellm@saintl.biz. I can look at it and get back to with results. I am assisting hasign while he is onsite training.

Andy K View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2006 at 6:09am

Darnell- Sent it this morning

Andy

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic