SA International Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > EnRoute FAMILY > General EnRoute
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looped?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon Drake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looped?
    Posted: 16 December 2004 at 9:11pm

I'm getting a lot of messages in Enroute about "loops". Can't find any info about what they are or how to eliminate them. Please help. I can't run routing offsets and all cuts appear to be outside including those that should be inside.

Using some text "Baskerville" bold 24 pt. in the design.

Shed a little light if you can.

draap View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote draap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 9:31pm
If you look close when you get the message about loops magenta arrows will point to each loop zoom in to one of the loops and you will see how the line doubles back over it self.
Leon Drake View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon Drake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2004 at 4:13pm
Well, I did not see any loops, but I did find that somehow I got two copies of everything. One right on top of the other. I had to explode everything and do a line by line select and delete. Leaving one copy only. It would be grand to be able to check for duplicate lines and delete the extra. Curves however could be the same shape but reverse rotation. Got to watch that. Any quick fix it it happens again?
acejake View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acejake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2004 at 4:11pm
I get loops too, and find them, how do you eliminate them?
aallison View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aallison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 4:35pm

When I get loops, I use the Edit Points tool to get rid of them.  It's the only way I know how to do it.  If someone knows an eaiser way, please let  me know.

As far as duplication objects on top of another and having to delete them, one clue is to run a simulated toolpath with only one pass.  If it does two passes, you have dupicated the object.  After doing this a few times, you learn to be careful........

ranrozin View Drop Down
Master
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranrozin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2004 at 9:56am

There are some toolpath operations that will fail if the contour has loops within, the loop message will alert you that there is something 'wrong' with the object.

Once you get the message box, it will ask you if to continue or cancel, if you will cancel you will see pink arrows which will point to the loop and you can use the editing tools to fix the problem. If you decide to click yes to continue EnRoute will automatically fix the loops, this is a great tool but you need to remember that EnRoute will fix the loop in a mathematical way that sometime is not the human logical way.

Ran

gootyam View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gootyam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2004 at 3:05pm
I do have one other thing I figured out:
If you use the 'jigsaw weld' on the offending looped contour you can make a new contour and eliminate the bad one. I use this when something has a bunch of loops, like clip art and i don't want to waste time going in with the point editing tool on each one.

Most of the double contours I get from text is due to not preparing it for export from another program first. For instance, if it has a fill or stroke that exports as an additional contour.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic